Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sfaulam Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2011, 07:12 AM
    Legal will change with dementia
    My boyfriend and I have lived together for 20 yrs, up until his children took guardianship of him 1yr. Ago, because of his diminished capacity with dementia. I have always been in his will Can they change his will?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jul 8, 2011, 07:20 AM

No. They can't.

If he changes his will, and after his death they submit it in probate, the question will be whether he had sufficient mental capacity to make a will at the time he made the change. If a legal proceeding to establish guardianship has occurred, this issue appears to have already been decided.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Legal name change [ 7 Answers ]

I live in the state of Ohio I had a son out of wedlock 2 1/2 years ago, the biological father did not sign the birth certificate. I have full custodial rights. Although the father still does see him occasionally, He does not pay child support and isn't active in our lives. My son is starting to...

Legal Name Change Without Adoption [ 1 Answers ]

My name is Brittany and I am sixteen years old. I want to legally change my last name without adoption. My real dad is not involved in my life at all, he will call once a month and that is it. I am like a bill he has to pay he does not care at all about me. Please help me I am tired of him and...

Legal name change [ 1 Answers ]

How can I find out if a person legally changed their last name. It happen about 25 years ago?

Legal Name Change [ 3 Answers ]

Hi! I am curious about legally changing my name and was hoping for some info about restrictions, cost, procedure, when and why it would be rejected etc anyone who can help me ;)

Legal change minor last name [ 2 Answers ]

I am recently remarried after many years. My children's father has not been in contact for nearly 10 years. My question is can they take on my married name as they wish. What is the process? I live in Washington state. Thanks so much

View more questions Search