Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tonimarie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2011, 06:53 PM
    How to change executor of will
    My father passed away last month and his will was drawn up in 1981. The executor of the will passed away several years ago and the second in line is his brother who is 80 years old. I'm sure he will be willing to give up the executor title to me. There is nothing there to collect in the will, but for legal reasons involving control of ownership of two insurance policies has gone to the "estate". I am the sole heir of the estate. How does my uncle go about giving up the executor position to me? A form, maybe? If so, where do I get it from?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 7, 2011, 07:41 PM

Where are you at, that can make a difference,

Has the executor filed the case in probate, but a simple request and approval of the heirs then approved by the judge should be a simple mattter.

Why did the policies go to the estate ? What other property is there ? Is there debt ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Executor [ 3 Answers ]

I am from a family of five. My sister and one brother are co-executors. My parents of 83 years old have finally completed their will and trust. My other two brothers have recently persuaded my parents to take a loan on one of their rental properties (but it will be in my parents name only). At the...

Notifying heirs about executor change [ 9 Answers ]

1. All four heirs are listed in a certain order as executors. Should these heirs be notified if the order changes? 2. If the current executor can no longer serve as executor and must transfer the position to the next person listed in the will, should the heirs be notified of this change?

What an executor can not do? [ 8 Answers ]

My mom just died less than 2 weeks ago, I am 1 of 5 kids. My brother and sister are both executors of her will(which I have not been allowed to see), anyway they are already negotiating between themselves who gets which of the 3 cars(1 of them doesn't run), there is 3 houses and a total of 50...

Can you witness a will and be the Executor? [ 8 Answers ]

My parents have both passed away in the past 5 months. Mother's will left all to my Dad. Dad's will left all to us four kids. Both wills were written and notorized on the same day several years ago. My sister and I were witness to both wills as well as another witness. Now that Dad has passed away...

Need to know what an executor can or cannot do! [ 2 Answers ]

HELP! I am one of 4 beneficiaries (siblings) who inherited a house from my father. There was an appraisal done after his death to establish a cost basis for the home. Home has not been sold yet due to family who thought they wanted to buy it, then indecision of executor to sell with realtor or...

View more questions Search