Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    starshine1 Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2011, 12:50 PM
    Footing for a freestanding screen wall?
    Hi -
    I want to build a freestanding privacy wall, about 64" tall and 16'long, to screen our hot tub from neighbor's view. I'll be using the retro "pierced" blocks that are one square foot and 4" thick. Will use 8"x8" blocks
    for piers at either end, and 8" x 8" x 16" blocks for center pier. Closest example picture I could find online
    is attached.
    Question is about footing. I'm in Minnesota. Do I need a poured concrete footing 42" deep (frostline) and 16" wide, for the entire length of wall? Or is there another option?

Thank you!

Check out some similar questions!

Bearing wall on edge of footing [ 12 Answers ]

Hi everyone, Planning a 2 story addition with full basement. One of the objectives is to have the first floor of the addition be a step or two lower that the first floor in the rest of the house. Beside just allowing for a higher ceiling in the new 1st floor room, the main reason is that the...

What is the recommended footing size for a 6' block wall with 4x8x16s? [ 0 Answers ]

I live in New river, AZ just north of phoenix. I'm building a Block wall including 4x8x16's and the ends etc will 8x8x16 A shaped blocks.. typical 6' block wall. What is the recommended footing size? Thanks

Rebar in block wall footing [ 9 Answers ]

I'm building a 3 foot block retaining wall, have a 2 foot wide, 2 foot deep footing dug. How many horizontal pieces of rebar should be in the footing and where should thet be placed?

Dialing in a footing to to build a wall to close in an existing attached garage [ 1 Answers ]

I'm in nc an inspector called me and told me to dial in a footing where I'm going to build a wall. I might drill about 8 two foot long rods into the existing 18' long footing then lay two #5 continuous rods tied to the rebars. Put some visqueen down. Here in oxford nc carolina they want the footing...

Freestanding furance will not run [ 2 Answers ]

My older freestanding furance will not burn. Pilot is running and thermostate is working properly. Thermocoupling just replaced. Help

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.