Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mxh201 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2011, 11:29 AM
    Model# bpch0421ba not blowing air?
    The A/C was working fine and then it stop blowing out air. The fan on the outside is spinning and I checked the breaker that's fine. I went to check the lines and they were frozen. I turned on the heat to see if it would help melt them and when I check the vent it started blowing out very very little cool air. What is happening to it and how can I fix it?? Please help...
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2011, 10:19 AM
    Is the blower fan running? If not this will cause your unit to freeze up which will ruin the compressor by flooding liquid Freon back to the compressor which is not made to pump liquid. If fan is running then the blower and coils need to be removed and pressure washed. Some coils can be cleaned while inside unit, but with a furnace the coils must be removed and pressure washed after using coil cleaner on coils and blower wheel. Then motor should be oiled and replaced. Hope this helps. DrTom4444
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2011, 12:34 PM

Maybe the contactor switch went. This would cause the lines to freeze up and still allow the outside fan to spin.

My central a/c in Florida would ice up at night when it got too humid out and then be okay after I left it defrost (and not by turning on heating element but just putting fan on auto). There was nothing wrong with my unit but a faulty relay switch. Once that was changed out my a/c ran just fine. All the fins in the outside unit were crusted over with ice and worked okay once unit totally defrosted out.
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2011, 01:56 PM
    Comment on twinkiedooter's post
    It does not sound like he has such a problem. He could have a bad fan relay for the blower on inside, however, that's why I asked if the inside fan was running or not. DrTom4444

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The blower on my Carrier Model 58CTA/CTX is not blowing warm air? [ 0 Answers ]

My electricity tripped in my basement area. All of the appliances was restored except the furnace when I turned the circuit breaker back to the on position. The furnace blower is not blowing hot air? I followed the instruction in the user manual twice but it is still blowing cool air? How do I...

Where is the filter on goodman model number ck30-1a stop blowing cold air [ 0 Answers ]

I need to know where to locate the filter on my goodman ac unit. Model no. ck30-1a

Model #rcba3765gg17xi blowing cold air, why? [ 0 Answers ]

Our rheem criterian 2 heater turns on, the flames come on for about 10 seconds and then they go out. The heater is blowing cold air.

A/C is blowing warm air/outside is blowing cold air [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Goodman A/C for about 4 years, today my a/c started blowing warm and the outside unit is blowing cold air. Just last week I replace the filter and the a/c want out, the tech replace the capacitor because the fan went out. Now today the fan is working but the a/c is now blowing warm air...

View more questions Search