Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tony Tom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2007, 07:54 AM
    Time sheet or not
    If you are being paid a salary, but do overtime virtually every day. Should a time sheet be filled out every day for the month by the employee, (So as a written record is kept.) or is it OK to verbally give the times to a person and hope they get it correct.
    msangie Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2007, 08:51 AM
    From my experience you will want to keep your own time sheet. You may be asked about it later.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 30, 2007, 09:51 AM
    Depends on whether you are an exempt or non exempt employee. Generally, if you are paid on a weekly salaried basis (not hourly), then you may be exempt from overtime.

However, if you are not exempt, then you should keep your own time sheets.
    ShannonMc Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2007, 06:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Tom
    If you are being paid a salary, but do overtime virtually every day. Should a time sheet be filled out every day for the month by the employee, (So as a written record is kept.) or is it OK to verbally give the times to a person and hope they get it correct.
    Why do you give your hours verbally to anyone? Salaried is salaried, and if they are tracking your hours worked they could be in violation of DOL laws. Check out the website for more info. Good Luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dark brown lines going across my screen from time to time [ 10 Answers ]

I have a problem with my computer monitor, I have these brown horizontal lines that go across my screen sometimes (REALLY ANNOYING). I just replaced the video card so its not that, also if I hit the side of the monitor the lines go away:p Just wondering if there's anything I can do that can fix it!...

Balance Sheet [ 3 Answers ]

1- The current section of a balance sheet includes which one of the following accounts? 1- Office Expenses 2- Accumulated depreciation 3- Advances from Clients 4- Mortgage Payable Thanks for your help Dell

Part time or full time resident? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am a student in PA and spent about 3 months in New York during the summer for an internship. Since my primary domicile was still in PA (since I had to return for the next year of classes), am I a resident of PA for the full year or a part year resident? Likewise when I file state tax...

Balance sheet [ 2 Answers ]

My company's balance sheet is off 34500.00 when ever I make j/e's it is still off what could be some of the issues. The 34500.00 difference is in the trucks/equipment account.

View more questions Search