Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zinfiallen Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2007, 07:39 AM
    Cannot tolerate high decibel sound
    Hi,

Since my childhood, I cannot tolerate high decibel sound like sound of thunder or sound of crackers. I feel like dying. My heart beats increases and I feel absolutely uncomfortable. Please help me.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jan 30, 2007, 07:46 AM
    Sounds perfectly natural, not something that many people experience but I don't think that it's totally uncommon. It's definitely understandable.

Have you talked to your doctor about it?

Feb 1, 2007, 12:40 AM
    Yeah I have consulted a lot of doctors (ENT, Neuro ) but they failed to cure it. According to ENT, I have no problem with my ear. He thought that it's a neuro problem. He referred me to a pshychiatrist. The neuro doctor and the Pshychiatrist said that I'm perfectly OK.
    I'm confused!
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2007, 12:45 AM
    I guess that you just perceive sounds louder than most people. It's just something you were born with and have to live with. Just like people are born with allergies and have to live with them, you're allergic to loud sounds :p

Sorry to not be of much help but I don't see there's much you can do. You can always try preventative measures like wearing earplugs if you go to a fireworks party or something.

Best of luck.
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2007, 01:08 AM
    Thanks for the negative rep. My point is that it might not be a disease, please listen to what I am saying.
    blondieinCAN Posts: 73, Reputation: 4

Feb 1, 2007, 01:13 AM
    The people that answer your questions are just like you, not doctors! They can't diagnose you! I came to read the question to see if it sounded the same as what my son goes through.. :)

Feb 1, 2007, 01:14 AM
    Id Google it!!

Feb 1, 2007, 01:43 AM
    So aren't there any remedy to it?

Feb 1, 2007, 01:55 AM
    Maybe it is anxiety? There is a remedy for that... anti anxiety medication... but a drug free thing to do would be cognitive behavioral therapy! I suggest this because it seems that your heart beats faster which has something to do with the message your brain is sending to your body to "flee" the "danger" which is your discomfort/sensitivity/or worry towards high noises.
    sara.ece26 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2010, 04:43 AM
    Me too have the same problem. Can anyone give solution for this. It hurts me a lot. I will be pleased if get the remedy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hang them High? [ 7 Answers ]

How long can a man hang by his neck and survive? Well, the neck might snap and if doesn't then the lack of oxygen would prove fatal. But such minpor things are irrelevant when it comes to Clint. I the film Hang Them High, Clint Eastwood is shown dangling peacefully for about five minutes. Then he...

CPU fan starts, a low hum sound on speaker and a vroom sound from cpu/fan [ 5 Answers ]

I just bought a new pentium 4 3.0 Ghz motherboard with 256 ram, connected everything as directed on the manual and plugged the power connector then started the computer. The fan starts then nothing else. All I hear is a very low hum/beep sound from the computer speaker which is immediately...

Can't get clear sound or high volume [ 1 Answers ]

On my acer labtop the sound suddenly stopped working, it is very unclear and only plays a very low volume. The sound that comes out is very distorted and weird sounding. What can I try to make it work properly??

No sound, asus mother board built in sound card [ 16 Answers ]

My comp plays no sounds. All drivers are installed and I have re installed them 2. Its well annoyin. Any help with this would be great. Thanks

NO SOUND after sound card install [ 3 Answers ]

Hey I'm new on here I have a HP tower.. just installed a beefed up sound card in it and it doesn't work.. made sure all connection are good.. and installed the program.. now it won't work at all.. please help me someone?

View more questions Search