Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jenn6326 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2011, 05:07 PM
    Lead paint
    I was scraping a porch with my mom today. I didn't think anything of it till we were going to purchase the new paint. After reading the warning about lead dust I began to worry. My mom said they had just painted the same porch about 5 years ago. Should I be concerned?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 6, 2011, 05:26 PM

Concerned about what? A porch is outdoors, so there was probably sufficient ventilation. You probably should have worn masks, but it would take a lot of dust to have a long term affect.
    Jenn6326 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2011, 05:34 PM
    So I should worry about being affected about the short exposure? Just be more cautious next time?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 6, 2011, 05:56 PM

No you shouldn't worry, but yes be more cautious.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lead Paint Removal From Exterior [ 3 Answers ]

We are rehabbing a turn-of-the-20th century house in town and want to dispose of any lead paint residue we remove while preparing the exterior for painting. I have thoroughly searched through all the town ordinances and nothing is addressed regarding this process, however we wish to give the...

Lead Based Paint Disclosure [ 3 Answers ]

"Many houses and apartments built before 1978 have paint that contains lead (called lead-based paint). Lead from paint, chips, and dust can pose serious health hazards if not taken care of properly. Federal law requires that individuals receive certain information before renting or buying a...

Lead Based Paint Disclosure [ 3 Answers ]

I am selling a 75 y/o derelict house to a real estate company "as is". I faxed them a LEAD BASED PAINT DISCLOSURE filled out and signed by me. I faxed them a LEAD BASED PAINT pamphlet. They have not signed or returned the DISCLOSURE. Is it necessary that I go through the LEAD BASED PAINT...

Lead paint [ 2 Answers ]

Does any one know what year they stopped using lead paints? I have some old matchbox cars I would like to give to my kids but don't want to give the ones that might contain lead paint.

View more questions Search