Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    itsmasiah Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2011, 12:09 PM
    Out of state probation?
    My boyfriend was recently arrested on a probation violation for drinking on the las vegas strip. And he is on a out of Colorado state probation transfer to las vegas. He has been in jail for almost 3 weeks. Also only has 5 more months until his probation is up, he has been on good behavior the whole 2 1/2 yrs and completed 48hr of community service, and was working too, and has been paying his fines in Nevada and Colorado. His Las Vegas P.O. had him sign a paper not explaining what he was signin but stated he would be released, not knowing that Colorado was going to send him back to there courts system and go to court out there for his violation. Im confuse. How long does Colorado have to get him out of Las Vegas? And what is the worse that can happen. He is on probation for a marijuana case.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 6, 2011, 12:43 PM

I have difficulty believing he signed without reading but... I understand that once Nevada has notified Colorado it takes every bit as long as it takes to get someone there to get him. Both steps have to go through State-mandated steps.

The Uniform Criminal Extradition Act states that Colorado MUST take custody within 30 days absent some extraordinary circumstance. If they don't you would file for a Writ of Habeas Corpus.

What will happen to him? Probation can be revoked and he can get the original sentence had he not received probation PLUS time for the probation violation.

I would guess that Colorado isn't joking if they are having him moved from Nevada to Colorado.

All the rest of his good deeds don't matter; the violation does matter.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I move my probation to another state if I am on felony probation [ 13 Answers ]

I am on 10 years felony probation in Texas due to an insane ex girlfriend who keeps harassing me I tried to do an interstate transfer back to Pennsylvania where my new girlfriend currently is from but was denied. However my girlfriend is pregnant and we want to live in pa, how do I do this if she...

Can probation be moved from state to state [ 8 Answers ]

If on probation can you move your probation to another state or do you have to stay in the state that you have probation in.

Juvenile probation transfer from state to state [ 10 Answers ]

My mother would like me to take custody of my 13 year old brother who is in dss custody and on juvenile probation how do we accomplish this? He is in New York I live in Pennsylvania both my mother and I agree to this decision but want to do this the right way

Probation transfer from state to state [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend had a case in the state of New Jersey in which he received probation. He also had a probation in NYC because of a previous case. Because he lives in New York he transferred his NJ probation to NY. Apparently this transfer never happened because he received a letter in July stating that...

View more questions Search