Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    monicaj2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2011, 11:16 AM
    Losing confidential information.
    I work for a home health care agency, to remain nameless, as a nurse. I have a fellow co-worker who lost some patient iformation that was paper form with Personal information on it. She was fired for it and is being denied unemployment stating it was "misconduct." She reported the incident right away and wasn't being malicious with information. Is this proper follow through for such a situation?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 6, 2011, 12:12 PM

As a patient and not a Nurse - yes, it's acceptable follow through. Part of her job is to secure personal and confidential information. The home health care agency is protecting its tail in the event this is reported as a HIPAA violation (which, by the way, it is).

Is this person an RN, a CNA, something else?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why do employers as employees to keep their pay confidential [ 5 Answers ]

Are there any laws that prohibit employees from discussing their salaries with other employees?

How do I report fraud to immigration and is that information confidential? [ 2 Answers ]

I was asked to write a letter of character for a japanese woman I used to work with. In the letter to immigration, I stated that she had a restraining order issued against her, which she did, by her then husband. Apparently she didn't want immigraiton to know this. She changed a line in the...

Hi I'm new here and I just wanted to ask are these question totally confidential [ 3 Answers ]

I want to know, that if you are in a big tension, what surat should you read?

Contact from Ex & Confidential Info. [ 2 Answers ]

I'm in a bit of a bind and I think its best to get a perspective from someone who is not involved in the situation. A night out with a close friend ended up being a night with my ex's closest friends who were at the local bar. As mature adults would do, we said hello, even exchanged pleasantries. I...

Confidential information in setting [ 1 Answers ]

What types of information should be treated confidentially in a nursery setting?

View more questions Search