Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pretty1girl Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2011, 09:21 AM
    Thank you Jesushelper76 for responding. I like to make it clear, I would never ask for more than I needed. I have never asked for assistance before and now feel for those who do and received responses like I have. I always like to believe there are honest caring people in this world, I have always been the first one to step up to the plate whether they are in the US or not.I would give all I have if someone needed it. I was directed to this site where I have heard there has been some positive help for those in need. Guess I was directed wrong.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2011, 09:27 AM

We will help you, but maybe not exactly the way you think is helpful. Like others have said. No one here is going to lend or give or send any amount of money to a stranger.

The thing is though we can direct and help you in other ways. Programs in your area, church programs in your area. Community or government programs that you can contact. Etc. Etc. Etc.

Jul 17, 2011, 09:40 AM
    I am NOT using my son for sympathy and you say I am judgemental. You don't know me to call me preachy or judgemental let alone say I use my son as an excuse. If you read the prior posts you will see I was asked what I needed the funds for. I am honest about it. Believe me I am fully aware of what all the soldiers do, I support them fully. This has really turned into a debate that I am not supporting anymore. I never realized people like you "NEED Karma" can be so cruel. Maybe you should change your name, sound like you need more than that. Yes, Jesushelper76 I do disagree with him. Judging someone they don't even know is unthinkable. It doesn't hurt to have a heart. Whether you guys agree or not so be it. At least I know I have a heart and was also honest about the situation.
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Jul 17, 2011, 10:39 AM

Hello pretty girl,

I am very sorry for your unfortunate situation. In times like these we could all use some money. None of us will be able to give you money, however we can give you advice on how to get some help.

Needkarma was not being cruel. He was being honest. Perhaps it was a misunderstanding, mistaking his honesty for cruelty.

I am sorry we can't help you out financially. We are here if you need advice.

Good luck.

Jul 17, 2011, 03:34 PM
    Understand Enigmna1999, he was judgemental and that was wrong. I have never been to this site, was referred by someone who had a positive response. I was honest in what I was asking not using my son as an excuse. I think it is pathetic that he right away attacks someone with false words. I am not asking for anyone's sympathy. All he had to do was explain how this site works. Thank you for your advice to help, it didn't have to be with money, just simple few words what this site is about. There was no misunderstanding, if you can't be respectful then don't say anything at all. I didn't go to this site expecting to be handed money from a stranger. I knew it was a chance to take but let me tell you, there are people out there that give to those in need as I am one of them, even to strangers. So defend him if you will that your choice. But thank you for offering assistance if needed.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2011, 03:40 PM
    All I did was mention that I needed money too - then you went off on me. I'm still not sure why.

I didn't go to this site expecting to be handed money from a stranger.
    Actually you did. What else could it be?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 17, 2011, 03:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty1girl View Post
    Maybe your not in the US "Need Karma", regardless there are soldiers out on the front line as we speak like my son putting their life on the line. Whether you support them or not you have to live with yourself. Call me irresponsible for making a decision to travel from one end of the US to the other to see him before he fights for OUR country, then be it. I never said I could not repay this. But at least I know my son knows I support him and would walk thru fire to tell him I love him even with an incurable illness that I have. FR_Chuck, thank you for your response, I agree it was not a wise choice to spend those funds and I am being honest about it. But when you guys become a mother then you will know exactly what us mothers will do for our children. God forbid anything happens to my son, at least he knows I love him. So uncaring remarks "Need Karma" are not necessary whether you are in the US or not. I have no respect for you. But thank you again FR_Chuck for your response.
    Pretty1girl maybe I can put this in some perspective. Many members here have known me for years, so they can vouch for my story here.

I have TWO sons who have been to Iraq and back. My illness wasn't incurable as you say yours is, but I did have breast cancer. One of my son's went off to Iraq as my father was dying. Mom didn't have any money or life insurance for the funeral, and I didn't get to see my son off. But I didn't go out to strangers for a handout.

Yes, you made some very bad decisions. We've all done that at least once in our lives, but in this economy you aren't going to find strangers giving you money to cover your buns. With scams running rampant this day in age, how do we know this isn't just another scam and you are preying on our sensitivities?

I have 4 children, 2 of whom I've already mentioned have fought the war, and I would go to the ends of the earth for all 4 of them. However, I know just how far my pocketbook stretches and my children understand that and know that I don't love them any less.
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2011, 03:55 PM
    If it's a credit card debt there are ways to deal with the company or companies in question.

Jul 17, 2011, 04:09 PM
    J9 I totally understand where your coming from. Yes times are hard but in the real world there are people asking for assistance from our neighbors, as I would like to think we are all brothers and sisters. Yes, there are scams going on but if you read the sincerity in my request you can tell what's a scam or not. Sorry to hear about your father as I know your pain. I lost mine too and I too have children, 5 of them. If I would have know all these un necessary remarks would arise out of this I would have never posted on this site. Yes "need karma" your remark was not necessary. And I believe you know it and yes I will make a comment on it. I am not an evil person to quickly place blame on others. If my request was read through by all, you will see yes, I admit it was a decision I made that I was not responsible but I would do it again if needed tto be able to see my son before he is off to war. I am not denying that. You say this is a site to offer assistance then it should be done with respect. Agree?
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2011, 04:11 PM
    Agreed and I'm trying to help. Is it a credit card debt?

Jul 17, 2011, 04:28 PM
    No it is not a credit card debt "Need Karma"
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2011, 04:46 PM
    Ok "Pretty Girl". Is it any kind of debt that can be renegotiated?

Jul 17, 2011, 04:59 PM
    No "Need Karma" I managed to get most of the funds, I used money that was meant for my medical and mortgage. I already managed to pay most of the medical and all of the mortgage. Still need now to pay rest of my medical.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 17, 2011, 06:41 PM

Medical CAN be negotiated.

Jul 18, 2011, 12:14 AM
    Already tried, not my medical.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need Assistance [ 1 Answers ]

Miss Helen, I have recently got an offer from Jobs abroad team which operates from EUROPE. I have been in contact with them via email for quite some time now. They are asking me to forward them my registration number which I haven't received yet. And to obtain this they have suggested...

Little assistance? [ 3 Answers ]

I need advice. I have liked this guy since I was like 5 and we were best friends and he moved to Surrey and I moved further into Nanaimo and then I found him on Facebook and was like omg hi and he was like omg too and it was just like old times I'd run to the computer every day after school to talk...

I need some assistance! [ 1 Answers ]

I'm in Statistics and I'm having a hard time with this problem. I keep on trying it but I keep messing up somewhere. Could someone please help? A bank's loan officer rates applicants for credit. The ratings are normally distributed with mean of 200 and standard deviation of 50. If an...

I need your assistance [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everybody, Please I need some information about help desk and its functions. Regards,

View more questions Search