Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Loganiko Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2011, 12:11 PM
    Am I overeacting?
    My boyfriend of over a year now is cheap! Up until now I could deal with his cheap ways. What has sent me over the edge,recently he was invited to his friends wedding, and he told me that he will not be bringing me to the wedding because he would have to put more money in the envelope, and he would rather save that then spend it on me. I can't get over this... he says Im overeacting and being emotional, but I disagree. I have always been more than generous and never been a financial burden on him, I just never expected he would go so far. This same man tells me that I am his best friend, that I give him strength and support, and this is how he treats me? Am I making a big deal of this? I don't know if I can get over it!
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 5, 2011, 07:30 PM

Then let the cheap b@stard save even more money by not going out with him anywhere.
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Jul 5, 2011, 08:19 PM

I had to spread the rep Tal. Good one!

Logan, if it were me, I would be upset by this. I don't think that you are overeacting.

I mean, what will it be like when you two (if you do) get married? What? He will say, "you can't invite any of your family or friends to the wedding because I want to save money."

Really? C'mon!

Explain to him that this hurts your feelings.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2011, 09:30 PM

Careful is one thing,cheap is another-red flags are there for a reason-time to end the relationship I'd say.

Jul 10, 2011, 07:16 AM
    Comment on talaniman's post
    Thanks Tal, I appreciate your feedback on this and agree!

Jul 10, 2011, 07:19 AM
    Comment on Enigma1999's post
    Hello Enigma,
    Thanks for replying! I explained how his decision hurt, he thinks he did nothing wrong, therefore understood nothing at all about what he did, he placed more value on saving a buck over me. I doubt there will be future plans for marriage between us, or anything else!

Jul 10, 2011, 07:20 AM
    Comment on amicon's post
    Thanks Amicon! I feel the same, BIG RED FLAGS!!
    answerme_tender Posts: 1,148, Reputation: 689
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2011, 08:53 AM

It has now been a year that you have spent with this man. After this amount of time you can NO longer blame him for YOU being disappointed in his CHEAP ways. You are to BLAME for allowing someone to treat you so cheaply in the first place!! Don't you think its time to stop dating the "Blue light Special" and start looking for a man that doesn't make you feel like a burden to his billfold!! Take Care

Jul 10, 2011, 10:13 AM
    Comment on answerme_tender's post
    In all fairness to myself, If during that year if he had treated me so cheaply I would have walked away. I thought he was FRUGAL, never really gave me an indication of how cheap he was... there was never an issue until now. Sadly whatever opinion I had of him before, is gone. His decision hurt me, dissapointed me, but I know my value and won't let myself be treated that way.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2011, 11:57 AM

Good!

Take care.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search