Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    had-it Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2007, 12:15 AM
    Mother pushing boundaries of full grown daughter
    Im in my 50's. I am an independent ,mature adult who is well respected by all who know me. I decided a few years ago that my mothers lying, breaking promises, telling people my personal information that threatened my security and more things she did that I told her was detrimental to our getting along, would have to stop. She refused to change. I accepted that, but wanted a restraining order since she was not someone I wanted to be around. I had lost all tolerance and forgiveness for her and I don't see that changing. The restraining order was denied since the judge determined that she wasn't a threat to me. Since then she keeps trying to get in my life since I changed my phone number, moved, and have done the best I can so I don't have to hear her or see her and be angry at her behavior. She has other adults who "work" for her to track me. I am aware of 3. She found out where I go for medical care and has pumped the doctor for info. She has called my work, and she writes to me at work also. I have a business and she has contacted a business associate and pumped her for info. I do not open her mail as it would just make me mad, and her word is NO GOOD anyway. And I don't care about her in the least. I am moved emotionally to the point of hopelessness and a year ago I was feeling very very angry and so I have truly become a recluse as I don't trust myself if she comes around. She is a stalker -plain and simple- even though this is not a physical relationship. What can I do? I am low income and can't afford a lawyer? Everyday I am mentally disturbed by thoughts of this. I try to stay busy and get my mind off it, but it is very worrisome, and has affected all areas of my life.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2007, 02:27 PM
    Go back and try to get a restraining order this time.

If you tried right at the beginning, no judge will grant you one. You have to give her time to stop.

Now bring in proof she is contacting you and hiring people to find out.

Show the judge how she still is harassing you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Mother/Daughter/Grandchildren [ 9 Answers ]

I have this problem... my daughter keeps digging up the past and I am made to feel like I was the world's most horrible Mom. She doesn't like it when I have said "I don't know any mother/daughter who has the relationship like we have" and then she yells back that she doesn't care about others...

Troubled grown daughter [ 19 Answers ]

My daughter had a biracial daughter. It was a beyond a shock. I love this child with all my heart, but my daughter treats me horrible. She never has anything to do with me unless she needs me to babysit. Today was the worst. We will probably never speak again. I can't reach her.

Mother-daughter [ 11 Answers ]

For the last 8 years I have cared for a mom with Alzheimer's disease, and a 38 year-old daughter with breast cancer. Both have died. My oldest daughter was not there to help with the care of mom and her sister; claims no one in the family was there for her; blames me (mom) and never her dad, for...

Guardianship: transfer from mother to daughter [ 1 Answers ]

How difficult is it for a daughter to have the Guardianship of her disabled brother transferred from her mother to herself. The mother is elderly and refuses to talk about this or any other personal subject. The son is on Social Security Disability and SSI and lives in a group home. The daughter is...

Grown daughter [ 31 Answers ]

I have a grown married daughter who left the country 2 years ago. She seems to have become very distant since she and her husband started their family. Our telephone conversations are fine, but our visits are stressful. I think she feels that she has to prove to her husband that she is strong and...

View more questions Search