Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shandel Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2011, 04:51 PM
    Kenmore Elite Dryer (Heavy Duty) - Runs but no heat
    I have a Kenmore Elite Dryer (Heavy Duty) Model 110.62062100 which runs but produces no heat. Thinking it is a Thermal Cutoff problem, I went ahead to change that but no luck. I had the continuity of the heating element checked at the local Sears store and it came out fine.

Any idea what else I can do?

hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jul 4, 2011, 05:41 PM

See this web site at Sears.com.
    http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part...od=11062062100

See bulkhead breakdown.

Could be part 42, 47 or 48
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2011, 11:41 AM
    Use a meter and trace the circuit with it unplugged to see where the break in continuity is located. It's the only way. If you are just going to change parts you might as well buy a new drier. DrTom4444
    JimGu Posts: 92, Reputation: 4

Jul 14, 2011, 09:40 AM
    Be certain that you have 240 volts available. Check your circuit breaker and also check the pigtail connections if you don't have a volt/ohmeter. A dryer runs on 120 volts, but to heat, must have 240 volts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Heavy duty soft heat dryer won't turn ? [ 2 Answers ]

Kenmore Heavy duty soft heat dryer won't turn, still heats up, motor still hums, but, won't turn!

My Kenmore Heavy Duty Soft Heat series dryer is rotating off center in the machine. [ 1 Answers ]

I removed the top but could see nothing broken but suppose the culprit must be under the drum that's causing the problem. How do I access the problem? When you look inside you can see that the drum is resting at a slight angle as there's an uneven gap between the front and back rims and the drum....

Kenmore-Heavy Duty Dryer - no heat [ 2 Answers ]

My dryer is running without any heat, is there a thermostat or something similar that I can change or is this the end?

View more questions Search