Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gsuddess Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2011, 04:38 PM
    407 Interest billing
    I just rec'd a 407 bill for 11,455.00 I have not used the 407 highway in over 10 years.
    I think the original bill was 1000.00 and now have 10,000.00 interest charges.
    Can anyone tell me if you can dispute the interest cahrges ?

Thanks

Greg
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 4, 2011, 04:44 PM

Have you contacted them to dispute, that would be your first option. After that they do have a department to try and work out hardship when you owe over 1000 dollars

407 ETR - Payment Plan

407 ETR offers an Exceptional Hardship plan to assist customers that have accumulated significant outstanding tolls and fees and who would suffer “exceptional hardship” through the denial of their vehicle licence plate.

The plan will permit a customer to pay an outstanding amount over a period, rather than all at once.

Qualification for the plan is at the sole discretion of 407 ETR. All decisions are final, binding and not subject to appeal.

To be eligible, you must meet certain criteria, including:

Owing more than $1,000
    Having no alternative vehicle
    Proving that your loss would be immediate, significant and lasting
    In addition, a customer must show either of the following:

That denial of the licence plate would be a threat to the health and safety of a person ordinarily transported by the vehicle; or
    That you would suffer “exceptional hardship” if your plate were to be denied
    The plan is not available to customers for whom the following apply:

Alternative transportation is available, including public transportation
    Arrangements can be made to do without the vehicle that is subject to plate denial
    Renting or finding a replacement vehicle is possible
    The outstanding amount is less than $1,000
    The customer has qualified for the plan before and has failed to honour their commitments
    If you think you meet the criteria outlined above, you could be eligible for 407 ETR’s plan. Please click here to download an application form and fill it out.

Effective May 1, 2009, 407 ETR will be charging a $30.00 Application Processing Fee. All application fees will be applied towards the 407 ETR account.

Completed applications can be mailed or hand-delivered to:

407 ETR Exceptional Hardship Plan
    6300 Steeles Avenue West
    Woodbridge, ON
    L4H 1J1

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

407 hwy [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I need some information on 407 Hwy They are trying to charge me for something that happened 13 years ago the bill was paid in full now they want more money, What can I do about this. The collection agency wants to take me to court or pay up.

407 etr bill from 2001 [ 1 Answers ]

Oh boy here goes... I received a bill from 407 etr charges incurred 2001 and before. I disputed the bill because it was wrong and refused to pay them a cent until it was corrected. I even showed them proof. Well nothing was ever solved. I received a bill on Friday wanting 7,198.45. 6500 of...

Highway 407 ETR debt [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I recently received a letter from collections for 90 something dollars(CBCL) in regards to a 407 charge, I called up 407 and they said it was from 2002?? So I'm curious , if the limitations act starts from 2002 or from when CBCL began to contact me. I downloaded a copy of the limitations...

View more questions Search