Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cwreagan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2011, 04:32 PM
    How can I find front property boundary markers?
    I have to lots together and have found the rear boundary markers but not the front ones. Have always assume the front ones to be the telephone poles but I know one or two have been mover over the years. Is there a way to use the rear markers to establish where the front ones should be?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 4, 2011, 04:35 PM

You should know the size of the lots, by measure from the rear you will know about where they would be in one direction.
    If they are metal pipe, use a metal detector. It is possible that they were moved at some point and you may have to get a new survey.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 4, 2011, 06:30 PM

Generally the legal description of a lot specifies that the lot runs in each direction for x distance. So it might read that it runs for 100 feet at 180 degrees from the right rear marker. So you get a compass and measure.

P.S. for future reference, please choose the forum to post in more carefully. I moved this from the Forum Help area which is for questions about using the site.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

We bought a lake front property... Well, sort of... [ 3 Answers ]

This spring, my wife and I bought a lake home near Brainerd, Minnesota. The property is actually inside a very small city (less than 150 residents). When we bought the home, we were told that the actual lake front property was owned by the city, not the nearby homeowner, which was a...

I need help determining the front, rear, trans wires on a doorbell. Lost my markers. [ 3 Answers ]

I was changing out doorbell. I marked the front, rear, trans wires but when I pulled the wires through the hole my markers came off and now I can't tell which wire goes where.

Property line and position of the property markers [ 13 Answers ]

Hi, we have been having a problem with our neighbors about our property. It seems like they have been enchroaching more and more. Finally they got a survey but all I see are two markers, one is on the top asphalt separating the property to the left of them, then there is a marker all the way in the...

Property markers [ 2 Answers ]

Where are my property markers. I live in Wadsworth Ohio

View more questions Search