Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    golfteach Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2011, 09:10 AM
    Water heater ignites but won't stay lit.
    My State Select water heater will ignite, but the pilot won't stay lit. Frequently have to restart until it finally catches and stays on.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 4, 2011, 09:25 AM

Is this a new problem, or has it been going on for a while or the entire time you have owned this water heater

Have you checked the position of the thermocouple ? Or replaced it ?

Has the exhaust flue moved or been changed

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

State Gas Water Heater- md# gs650ybrt -. Heater won't stay lit. [ 1 Answers ]

Statye gas water heater model gs650ybrt. Heater won't stay lit

Water heater won't stay lit [ 4 Answers ]

We have a power vent water heater that only lights intermittently. Have to turn unit off and on several times before it will light. Have read trouble shooting manual which mentions that it could be due to low gas pressure. Have had two different plumbers check unit and are unable to help. They...

Water heater will not stay lit [ 3 Answers ]

I replace the thermo coupler and fired the water heater up. The pilot went out some hours later. Since I replace the thermo coupler what other options can I look at?

Water Heater won't stay lit [ 1 Answers ]

Our water heater is 2 1/2 years old, we can get it lit but after about an hour it goes out... do you think the problem is the thermocouple?

Water Heater Won't Stay Lit! [ 4 Answers ]

I live in a townhouse that is only about two years old. Whenever the wind blows hard outside the pilot light on my hot water heater goes out. I cannot get it relit and when I am on the floor you can feel the wind blowing underneath the unit. ANY words of advice. I had a plumber out about three...

View more questions Search