Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NenoX Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2011, 06:33 AM
    Relationships and Breakups
    Help me out here,

I am someone that have never experienced being in a long relationship or sadly put, never been deeply in love with anyone. The longest relationship I had was three months long and I don't recall much of it although I was 24 years old at the time.

Now I'm 26 years old and I have never had my heart broken by anyone. People tell me I'm blessed, but I don't think so. I feel so unexperienced in this area. I had people fall for me but I was too busy with my studies and work to give anyone a chance and now I regret it so bad.

I want to know more about love, falling in love, how it happens?! What if you get your heart broken, how do people feel after a heart break and why, and will they fall in love again? Even if they love again, will they always have feelings for the ex assuming it was deep love?

How does this work, I sound pathetic but I am really sad, 26 and not going through all of this is by itself heart breaking...

BK201 Posts: 338, Reputation: 150

Jul 4, 2011, 08:00 AM

I can write thousand sentences how tasty sugar is, but that will no way come near the feeling you get when you taste a spoonful of sugar. Do not have any expectations, it will happen automatically
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 4, 2011, 11:34 AM

Read some of the stories on this forum. There are a many of us that have been through all you ask about. Have fun.
    HurtScorpio Posts: 92, Reputation: 23

Jul 9, 2011, 07:50 PM
    It is not really something you can describe until it happens. The best way to explain it is that it is a very warm, nice, feeling and you just really connect with the person not just physically but you want to know about them, you are interested in finding out their interests and desires, you find them attractive and you think about them often when they are not around. Love can be great if feelings are mutual and the person you desire connects with you and feels all those same feelings but it progresses over time. Don't mistake love for lust. Lust is just physical attraction where you feel deeply attracted to a person so much so that you feel you much be immediately with them physically as lust fades either quickly or eventually. Love is longer lasting and takes time, communication, understanding, empathizing with the other person, and treating each other with mutual respect, loyalty, enjoying each other's company. But as you can see with many questions on this forum, love can be misinterpreted, misunderstood, people think they are in love when they are not. In your case, you have the benefit in that you are at a mature age so when you do fall in love you may actually be truly falling in love and not be misunderstanding it for another feeling. The best type of love develops, in my opinion, in a slow manner and progresses on its own. No one truly knows until they feel it.
    answerme_tender Posts: 1,148, Reputation: 689
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2011, 08:42 PM

Love isn't a test that you can study for, its something that you have to actually experience. Its not just one feeling, its made up of many. Trust,loyalty,compromise,sadness,laughter, passion,etc...

To experience this you have to be willing to stick out your neck and be a big boy. Could you get hurt and have your heart broken---the answer is YES. It's a risk that most of us have taken and yes have gotten hurt, but at least we FELT those feelings we weren't sitting around wondering. We also learned to move on and even risk that hurt again, some will be hurt again, but its some will also find that love that makes it worth all that pain.

Take care

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Breakups [ 6 Answers ]

I have been in a relationship, on and off, with my boyfriend for four years now, around a about. And what strikes me the most is that even though we fight a lot, we always end up coming back together. I hate that and I can't seem to get rid of us, not that I want to. We fight for the same reasons...

Breakups, can't eat, depressed [ 35 Answers ]

Earlier this year I broke off a 7 year relationship (I'm 26). I jumped into another relationship that lasted for 6 months until he suddenly "changed"... he has emotional issues. I broke it off because he was too coward to. But, I thought I was in love, we told each other we loved each other, talked...

Relationships breakups [ 3 Answers ]

Just out of relationship I wanted to break up. So why so hard to let go?

Books to read to improve the Self, Relationships, ease Breakups, and so forth. [ 4 Answers ]

I noticed that in some threads, people would occasionally mention books that they had been reading about relationships (whether it was with someone, or the relationship you build with yourself). I’m talking about books that really help. I thought it would be a good idea for people to list the...

Breakups suck! [ 4 Answers ]

So on Monday the love of my life broke up with me over the phone (how lame! ) He said he did it over the phone because he didn't want me to beg to take him back and that I wouldn't leave his house until he did (which is true) Hes already been liking this other girl for a few weeks and I did know...

View more questions Search