Ask
    Terrywalls Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2011, 09:15 PM
    My dog has red patches in her ears what is it
    My dog has red patches in her ears.
    What could it be?

Jul 3, 2011, 09:17 PM
    My dog has red patches in her ears and I am not sure what it could be do you know?

Jul 3, 2011, 09:18 PM
    My dog has red patches in her ears and I don't know what it could be do you know?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 3, 2011, 09:35 PM

Does she scratch them? How recently did you notice them? Where are they exactly?
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Jul 4, 2011, 05:09 AM

Could be allergies or it could be an infection. Only your vet can tell for sure. Pictures always help, but we can't diagnose him online. Have you switched his food recently? Do you do a regular cleaning? Does he need to have hair plucked? Does he have floppy ears or ears that stand up? Does he do a lot of swimming outdoors?
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Jul 4, 2011, 05:11 AM

Please be patient, we are all in different time zones, some of us live in Canada, some in Australia and some in the U.S. You only need to post the question one time, and we will all be notified of it and will respond as soon as we can.

Thanks,
    Bella
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

Jul 4, 2011, 05:12 AM
    Red patches is pretty vague, have you noticed her scratching at them, shaking her head. Lift the flap and take a good look inside, are they warmer than you think they should be, moist or dry, Not always a fun thing to do but smell them, is there an odor? And what kind of dog is she? Some are more prone to infections and the like. Not saying that it is, but if you are dealing with an infection of some sort she will need to be checked by a vet to see what is causing it and get the proper medications to deal with that particular problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dog with red itchy ears, shaking head [ 4 Answers ]

Over the past 6 weeks, my 3 yr old toy poodle (6lbs) has had itchy ears on and off. It started with both of my poodles on the same day. They both had very itchy ears, and kept us up all night scratching. 3 days later, I took the female to the vet to have hers looked in, and they said they only...

View more questions Search