Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlee2468 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2011, 05:10 PM
    How often do you apply the hydroquinone cream to your dark spots
    My dermatologist gave me a tube of 6% hydroquinone for my dark spots does anyone use this 6% dose and how often do you apply it to your dark spots.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 3, 2011, 06:11 PM

Didn't the doctor give you any instructions when he gave you the cream? What does it say on the container, or information that came with it?

Tick
    jlee2468 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2011, 06:26 PM
    Comment on tickle's post
    Thanks tickle the container is the dermatologist mixture no instructions on the container however the dermatologist advised that it propably will take a year. I find that hard to believe so I thought I would ask in a forum and maybe get a clearer answer thanks again jlee
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 4, 2011, 06:57 AM

As we don't know under what conditions the doctor gave you this cream, or on what area of your body your intend applying it, or what your medical conditions are, it is kind of hard to advise you on how to apply or how long to apply this ointment. Why do you not ask the doctor who prescribed it, if you are not sure. Why come to strangers to ask such a question. The doctor who saw you has a clearer idea of your condition, not us.

The time limit of one year to take effect is probably accurate in view of other information we have received in this forum regarding this type of skin lightener.

Tick
    charité Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2011, 08:42 AM
    Your dermatologist should give you an instruction, with follow up in case you over apply. Normally after a month, you should stop application.
    _213Chanqe Posts: 29, Reputation: 3

Jul 20, 2011, 10:36 AM
    Do you want to get lighter or just get rid of spots. Because 6% is a just for spots 0.O
    Simbi123 Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2012, 08:19 AM
    Name of d tube cream bfore any help
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2012, 10:42 AM
    You should apply the cream as perscribed by your doctor

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to reduce dark spots under my eyes caused because of skin lightening cream? [ 2 Answers ]

I had applied skin lightening cream,later my face turned well... only thing gone wrong I apllied it my under eye too it reddend first and it gave me like burning sensation little under my eyes and I applied baby oil (johnson and johnson)burning sensation reduced.. but it turned in to dark spots...

Does hydroquinone cream cause headache? [ 7 Answers ]

Is it the cream which cause headaches or its yhe orals if there are any

View more questions Search