Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ozziej Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2011, 04:30 PM
    GSS20GEWBB ge refer getting warm
    The unit is not that old, but it has been icing up behind the cover at the back of the freezer which does not allow the refer to stay cool , I have been melting the ice which works for a couple of weeks but now the cycle is happening more often - do I need to get another motherboard? Defrosting element?
    Thanks
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Jul 4, 2011, 03:14 AM
    You have to thaw out the freezer and remove rear cover. Test heater element and see if it is burned open. Test with an ohm meter. If it has no continuity then it is bad. There is also a defrost terminator with one wire going to heater and other wire going to defrost timer. Unplug it and put in a freezer and get it below 32 degrees. At that temp the t-stat should close and you should read zero ohms. If not replace it. If either of these are bad replace the bad part and your problem should be solved. I am not familiar with the defrost controls on that model, but if it is electronic the odds are slim that it has failed. DrTom4444

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What does sheathing refer to [ 1 Answers ]

On the nate exam, the question is "in what trade, does the term 'sheathing' refer to?

Refer to drawer cheque [ 1 Answers ]

Please me in recoring the following refer to drawer cheque.business writes a cheque for r 2090.51 and is returned to drawer for insufficient funds in account. I have already entered this cheque in cash payments journal. Please assist in showing how to record the appropriate corrections. My books...

VA Refer/Eligible [ 3 Answers ]

We have the income just not the credit scores. How can we get this to go to approved?

View more questions Search