Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    claudemireille Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2011, 03:36 PM
    Have some plot - need title
    A number of native american teenagers (3 to 10) in the pacific northwest (maybe Washington state or british columbia) have been sentenced to spend one year in jail by a white sheriff. Some elders of the local native american tribe offer to substitute punishment according to their tribal culture. This punishment consists of being banished to an island for one year. They are far enough away from mainland that it is not easy to get off. They must learn cooperation and survival.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 3, 2011, 06:53 PM

Wolf Pack?

Jul 6, 2011, 04:51 PM
    Stratmando: thanks for trying, but when I looked up "Wolf Pack Movie" all I got was wherewolf, twilight, vampire stuff. Another native american movie I enjoyed titled: "Smoke Signals". I tried to get general list of movies made by native american film makers but could not ferret out the title I'm searching.
    Uber Member

Jul 6, 2011, 05:16 PM

I missread, I thought your discription was an idea of yours and needed a title? Recently seen True Heart, :
    True Heart (1999) - IMDb

Pretty good, I like remote areas and American Indians?
    Uber Member

Jul 6, 2011, 05:32 PM

Couldn't find the movie, but found a true story:

Modern Court Adopts Ancient Tribal Justice; 2 Teenagers Banished to Islands for Year - The Washington Post | HighBeam Research

Jul 7, 2011, 10:34 AM
    Stratmando:Bingo! You deserve your "uber" status. I read the newspaper story stubs generated by your research & was saddened by results of tribal jurisprudence. No wonder a movie has not been made from this true life story. I suppose our "modern" world is so complicated it is hard for various cultures to affect a steady pressure toward positive results.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I remember the plot but not the title [ 1 Answers ]

Looking for the title of a book. Here is some of the plot. A photographer is watching her fiancés daughter. They go to the beach in San Francisco and the photographer is drawn to something that has washed up on shore and stops to take a picture. She looks back to find that the little girl she was...

Movie title only on brief plot [ 3 Answers ]

All I know about it is that its based on a US army cadet barracks and the cadets rebel for sum reason and take over the camp I've been trying to find it for days but can't any and all help is welcome?

Need a title to this plot [ 3 Answers ]

I saw a movie back in the 70's that by then was probably already 20 years old, and for the life of me I can't think of the title. It was about a man who abducted a woman, and kept her in his basement apartment, for some time, and she ended up falling in love with him and didn't want to leave. It...

Looking for movie title have plot [ 1 Answers ]

Looking for movie title: I think it might have been Doris Day or Sandra Dee in it. Actress is a maid cleaning a man's apartment. He returns and she pretends that it is her apartment. She does not know that he is the owner of the apartment. It is a comedy. Oh please help...

View more questions Search