Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scaramutti Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2011, 03:01 PM
    Grants for "green business" or "green properties"
    I am wondering if there are any government or non-government type grants out there for small or midsize "green businesses." My friend owns a green businesses called Greenwerks which among other things completes site surveys, installs rain catchment systems, solar systems and even is a contractor to build "green" properties. We are not knowledgeable of grants or the grant process and are under the impression most grants are earmarked for non-profit organizations. Nevertheless, he and I are wanting to see if we can find a grant that will for example give us funds to install rain catchment or solar systems on 100 homes as a way to curve water use in the city (perhaps as a pilot program). We are located in Seattle, WA so any city, county, state or even federal program would be what we are looking for.

Along the same lines, I am wondering if there are any grants or special loan programs out there that help fund the construction of a "green" home. I've heard rumors that such grants exist through HUD or USDA but have been unsuccessful in finding one. Anyway, any resources anybody in the community knows about would be helpful.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 3, 2011, 03:37 PM

You would want to hire and get a grant writer. You can apply to many different corporations, ( such as BP and others)
    Also of course there could be tax breaks for those homeowners who install to help pay for install.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kids movie from the 80s, green monster? Mom makes kids drink healthy green juice [ 5 Answers ]

I used to watch this movie when I was little, but I can't remember the name of it. I think it was probably from the late 80s early 90s. I think there was a little boy in it who had a monster friend who was green? All I remember was that the kids mom made him drink some healthy green juice that she...

When putting up a ceiling fan does the green wire go with the green? [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to hook up a ceiling fan and I have four wires, there is a green, blue, white and black. I know that the white goes with the white, the green with the green and I know the black goes with the black, where does the blue go?

Free Grants for Green Housing [ 1 Answers ]

I am planning on building my first home in the coming year. I would like to use either wind, geo thermal or solar power to supplement power needs and do my part in staying "green". Due to the initial exspense of these types of projects I'm looking to Grants that might assist me in the financial...

Can my green permanent green card be revoke [ 1 Answers ]

I am married to my wife for five years. After three years of marriage file for my green cad . I got my premanant green card in march of 2009. I have a child outside of marriage and my wife found out. She put me out the house and said she is going to revoke .

View more questions Search