Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bevilaqua Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2011, 02:11 PM
    Smell in bathroom
    I have a very strong smell of cabbage in my bathroom, it comes and goes randomly even through out the night.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 3, 2011, 08:04 PM
    Could be the wax seal under the toilet is bad. Use some plumbers putty to temporarily seal the base and floor joint. If the smell goes away, remove the putty, pull the toilet and replace the wax ring.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Smell in the bathroom [ 1 Answers ]

Live in Georgia where we had the flooding a week ago. Now there's a weird smell in the bathroom. I have not see any signs of leaking or mildew. I went into the attic over the bathroom and the smell isn't as strong up there so it's not coming down from the attic. To me it smells like bugs spray...

Smell in bathroom [ 2 Answers ]

The very first drain of water (either from the sink or bath shower or bath tap or commode shower) generates a very bad smell like an underground drain. Please guide to solve. I have checked the trap below the sink its OK. Is there any trap for the bath shower/tap and for the commode shower?

Smell in bathroom [ 1 Answers ]

Have a strong foul smell in bathroom. Put a bag over the sink and tub drains and am still getting smell. This leaves the commode? How can I check my backvent(is this correct term)

Smell in new bathroom [ 6 Answers ]

We have never had any problems with smells in our 3 bed bungalow in Spain, until we had a new bathroom built next adjacent to the old bathroom. The new bathroom pipework was connected to old bathroom wastepipe which feeds into a septic tank (100metres from house). The old bathroom does not smell,...

Bathroom Smell [ 1 Answers ]

My question is I have a bathroom that is up stairs and our house is on a slab we get smell in the bathroom about the same time but not everyday and it smells like a dead animal but only smells in the one bathroom. I hve been in the attic to see if the smell is up there but it' not. I've had all the...

View more questions Search