Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Missouri Bound Posts: 1,532, Reputation: 94
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2011, 05:28 PM
    Free internet service?
    I have a question regarding AOL and other online services. I know that AOL offers free service to high speed customers, I am one of them. My question is does anyone know if other providers offer the same service? I have been unable to find this information anywhere and I was wondering if anyone had first hand esperience.

Thanks
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2011, 05:41 PM
    AOL is a dinosaur service. If you pay for high-speed service then you just need you're a web browser and an email program (unless you have web mail).
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 2, 2011, 05:44 PM

I don't believe anyone offers free access to the Net (except for some places that have free WiFi hotspots). AOL offers free e-mail and a portal if you have another Internet access. But they still charge to use their connections.
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2011, 05:52 PM
    Scott, FYI I am currently using AOL free of charge as a high speed user. My high speed connection is through Centurylink. Sorry you didn't understand the question.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 2, 2011, 05:57 PM

But your internet is not AOL, you are merely using their browser service. They are not proving free internet

Jul 2, 2011, 06:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Missouri Bound View Post
    Scott, FYI I am currently using AOL free of charge as a high speed user. My high speed connection is through Centurylink. Sorry you didn't understand the question.
    No I did not misunderstand. As you are saying you are using CenturyLink as your Internet provider. You are using the free version of AOL which is simply a portal.
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2011, 06:21 PM
    Scott. Thanks for the clarification. That being said, are there other services which provide the free portal as a member. I know I can go to any site and browse around but I am looking to leave AOL and do not want to pay for a "portal" on top of my high speed service.

Jul 2, 2011, 07:32 PM

Yahoo, Google (gmail), Windows Live (Hotmail) and a number of others. Those top three all provide e-mail, calendaring, and several other services for free.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Great wireless hook-up.no Internet service! [ 3 Answers ]

I cannot access the Internet, even though the wireless network connection indicates excellent strength. I'm really stuck?? Kam

Doing Free Service [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to find out if there is a professional way of keeping track of production for services rendered if you are doing pro-bono work for 30 days? Is there a form that have information required for doing free service and to produce when term has ended?

Internet service provider [ 2 Answers ]

Hello everybody Can some one tell me how to create dial up internet service to the public. What do I need to get, set up, etc. I like to create 800 # to the public if it can be done. I think it can be done.

Internet Service Company [ 2 Answers ]

I am Getting tired of using AOL.. Is there someone out there that can recommend to me some one better. Thanks for any responds. Paul

View more questions Search