Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    caitlinhailey Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2011, 11:05 PM
    MDG7600AWW not drying?
    Maytag Atlantis dryer MDG7600AWW abruptly stopped drying tonight without any issues prior to this. My husband pulled out the ignitor but not sure how to tell if it went bad. Please advise. Thanks
    parttime Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2011, 03:19 AM

Hi caitlin and welcome, you check an ignitor for continuity with volt/ohm meter. Good luck
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2011, 10:23 PM
    It is probably dirty. Tear it down and clean it out. Check the thermal switches to be sure they are zero ohms. If not, replace them after cleaning out drier. Look on YouTube for instructions. DrTom4444
    caitlinhailey Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2011, 04:51 AM
    Comment on parttime's post
    Thanks for your help. It was the ignitor. I replaced it and it runs like new. Thank you & have a great 4th.
    parttime Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2011, 05:27 AM

Hi again caitlin, thanks for the update, I hope you have a great 4th also.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I remove the front panel of my maytag mdg7600aww dryer? [ 0 Answers ]

The clips do not seem like they will release on one side of the unit

Drying them off [ 1 Answers ]

I take my four big dogs for their run in the country daily and inevitably they come home wet and usually stinking too. Only one of them will let me use the hair dryer on him (which takes ages and kills my back) and they take hours to dry. I have a towelling dog coat but its not very effective as...

Grout not drying [ 1 Answers ]

I recently tiled a kitchen countertop. I grouted within two days but had to stop the process due to the birth of my child. Since then, stains have formed SO I re-grouted the whole countertop again filling in the spaces I missed before. On the other side of my kithcen I grouted a work space with...

Maytag Dryer MDG7600AWW [ 2 Answers ]

Model# MDG7600AWW Serial# 40535035ZZ It is GAS ------------ I have a Maytag Dryer and there is not drying at all. It is spinning fine but no HOT AIR. What is best step to check this?? Thanks in advance.

View more questions Search