Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    june1970 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2011, 05:48 AM
    Morning call newspaper violated my husband's privacy. How do we protect ourselves?
    The morning call newspaper keeps violating my husband's privacy regarding his criminal case. How can we protect ourself from our personal information becoming public knowledge?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 1, 2011, 06:42 AM

In what way are they violating his privacy? Can you explain a little further. Are they calling him at home, interrupting him while in transit?

You posted under Corporate Law so I am assuming this is a business related court case?
    Tick
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2011, 07:01 AM

Hello j:

A criminal case IS public. It's held in a public court where ANYBODY can come in. What the cops do, IS public information.

Now, of course, I don't know particularly WHAT the newspaper is publishing, so I couldn't comment further... Now, if the newspaper is LYING, you can take action... If not, there's nothing you can do.

excon
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jul 1, 2011, 07:25 AM

What's a "morning call newspaper"?
    southamerica Posts: 667, Reputation: 400

Jul 1, 2011, 07:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by AK lawyer View Post
    What's a "morning call newspaper"?
    It looks like it's a newspaper from Allentown, Lehigh Valley Pennsylvania.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2011, 01:09 PM

Once he was arrested the case immediately became public so there isnothing you can do about the newspaper getting their hands on the information or attending open court in your husband's case. If it is a really sensational case most papers do in fact print oodles of information on the case. Too bad you lose in this situation IF everything they print is 100% correct. If incorrect or slanderous consult an attorney and sue them.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 1, 2011, 01:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter View Post
    Once he was arrested the case immediately became public so there isnothing you can do about the newspaper getting their hands on the information or attending open court in your husband's case. If it is a really sensational case most papers do in fact print oodles of information on the case. Too bad you lose in this situation IF everything they print is 100% correct. If incorrect or slanderous consult an attorney and sue them.
    I hope the OP comes back to explain further; my curiousity, twink, is expanding.

Tick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chiropractor violated my privacy act.. [ 2 Answers ]

I was in a car accident almost one year ago next week. I was seeing my chiropractor that I've seen before the car accident. One day I went in and he asked me who hit me and I told him I didn't want to tell him. So a couple day's go by and he told me he knew who hit me. Now at this time he tells...

Violation of Privacy Act? My privacy rights violated? [ 1 Answers ]

My landlord in retaliation for me serving him with a 60 day notice to move because he failed to fix problems told a creditor who was only calling to verify my resident that the vendor denied me the credit I needed because of that statement. Were my rights violated? Terry

Privacy Laws Violated by Comcast [ 2 Answers ]

Greetings, Early this week 14 email messages were removed and deleted from my inbox by Comcast without my knowledge or authorization. Three of said emails were urgently important. After waiting for several days, and after making several calls to speak with Comcast Tech Support/Supervisory...

Privacy violated. [ 6 Answers ]

The company I work for has been monitoring my internet usage for as long as I have been using the internet at my home. I think that time has been about 12 years. I have worked for this company for twenty two years. I don't know how or why they do this. I am a hard working single woman who pays her...

Privacy violated [ 9 Answers ]

What do you do if a pharmacist divulges prescriptions you're taking to ones of her friends?

View more questions Search