Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    terlaje Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2007, 07:32 PM
    Trane air conditioner fan blower mower sticks
    I have a trane split unit A/C wall mounted. The A/C works fine but I noticed that when the unit is turned off and then I go to turn it on the next day, I can't hear the fan blower running but the unit is powered on. So, I shut the unit off and remove the cover over the fan blower and notice that the fan blower is stuck so I give it a little turn and it now moves freely. I replace the cover and turn the unit on and now I can hear the fan blower working.
    This sticking of the fan blower motor happens each time I turn the unit off.
    Thanks
    DST
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2007, 08:45 PM
    My best guess would be the motor is starting to go bad. Does it have holes on each end of the shaft for oil? I would try that first.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Air conditioner condenser air temp [ 7 Answers ]

I was wondering if the temp coming form the outdoor condenser should be really warm, like that coming out of a furnace, or just mildly warm, like around 90. Does the temp coming out have anything to do with performance or cost? I ask this because I live in an apartment, and the downstairs...

Trane XL80 blower problem [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Trane XL80 furnace, about 16 years old, with heat only setup. After we turned on the heat, the pilot fire came on, then the furnace lit and the heats up, however the blower wasn't turning and not blowing air. We opened both doors, saw the fan limit (a little round dial with setting to...

Air Conditioner [ 2 Answers ]

Rencently is was cool outside and I turned off my air conditioner. A couple of days later I wanted to turn it back on. It no longer blew cold air. Everything appears to be working fine. I turned it off and haven't tried to use it until the other night it was cold out and I wanted to heat the house,...

Squeaky Trane Blower Motor [ 1 Answers ]

Noticed last night that my Trane furnace was squeaking like a cricket when the air conditioner was running. Then every so often it would make an awful squealing sound like maybe a motor was getting stuck and unable to turn. From reading other posts I'm guessing that I might have a bearing or belt...

View more questions Search