Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pasher Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2011, 07:43 PM
    Advice on helping my sister get over an addiction
    Recently my sister has been acting strange. It has been like this for a month or so. She has two kids, one is 7 and the other is 5. Today, my sister went outside and came back in saying with excitement that she has pills. I told her she didn't need that and joked with her. About 10 or 20 minutes later she leaves to take my nephew( 7 yr. Old) to get a snowball. Once they got home, my nephew ran inside to tell me that she fell down the stairs. I rushed outside to help her up. My nephew said she could barely drive to get a snowball (which is 5 minutes away, not even). I called the medics and she admitted to taking pain pills. The medics took her to the hospital. Once she was there my mom said my sister lied. My mom couldn't do anything about it because my sister is 25. My question is, how can I help her get better? My friend died this Saturday from an overdose, I font want to lose my sister too. I am trying to be strong for her children but they are taking her side saying I threw the pills out , when I didn't, her friend did. I just want advice on how to stay good terms with her to help her pass this and get help. Also, is it a smart move, that my mother gets lawyers involved to get custody of the children. They each have different fathers( my nephew's dad never sees him and wznts nothing to do with him and my nieces dad does visit her but my niece is miserable when she's there because they basically treat her like she's a ugly duckling of the group and b mean to her)

Check out some similar questions!

Helping my sister. [ 2 Answers ]

My little sister is going to be 16 next month. Her father and our mother had recently gotten divorced. They didn't go to court or anything, just filed through a lawyer. There were no legal documents of any sort of custodial rules or guidelines. She lives with her father, but she wants to move...

Helping friend locate sister! [ 7 Answers ]

Hi!After reading the some of the posts about finding a missing person I thought I give it shot. My friend is looking for her who was in foster care and later adapted by the family because her mother was on drugs at the time. She was raised by her grandma but she could not take the sister due to...

Helping my sister get used to a computer [ 12 Answers ]

Just as the title implies, I want to help my sister get familiar with how to use a computer. I don't have the patience to teach her myself, plus we have very different schedules so I would be missing out on something important, like sleep, to show her. She has had a computer for about 2 years...

How do I assist my sister-in-law with my nice's addiction? [ 1 Answers ]

My nice is 18. She has a 18 month old baby. She has been staying gone for days at a time doing drugs. Her mom has come to me for help, but I don't know what to tell her. I have some good ideas but where do we start with helping my nice see that she has a problem? And what's the first step to...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.