Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nodes14 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2011, 04:01 PM
    Chances I pass an ETG Alcohol Test
    Hey I had an ETG test on a Wednesday. The last time I drank was a Friday (about 104 hours) and had about 4-6 beers (no hard liquor). I am 5'10 and 145lbs. The only reason I am worried is because on Wednesday (7 days before my test) I probably drank 9-10 beers and the day before I probably had 5, but before these last 3 days of drinking I hadn't drank in awhile. I know it says 80 hours but does it matter if I kind of drank a lot 7 days before? By the way I have a really fast metabolism and I work out daily. I also am on these creatine pills which force me to drink A lot of water. Over a gallon daily. Does that help? Thanks
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2011, 04:45 PM

There should be no EtG in your system from the drinking sessions you mention.

80 hours is a meaningless figure used by the testing industry to affirm the process. EtG is created in proportion to the amount of alcohol consumed although the rate varies from one individual to the next.

EtG is markedly diminished by drinking water.

Doesn't make any difference in your case as time is the primary indicator for elimination and you are safe in that regard based on the amount consumed.

Assuming you take the creatine tablets for muscle building, I would recommend stopping a couple days before the test just to be safe. Creatine breaks down into creatinine and makes your urine more concentrate which in turn artificially increases EtG, say from environmental sources.
    nodes14 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2011, 04:47 PM
    Comment on DrBill100's post
    So the previous days of drinking from over 7 days ago should have no affect on this test?
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2011, 04:57 PM

Should not. EtG is created as alcohol is metabolized and follows a pattern of elimination that is quite similar. So most of what you drank on those days was eliminated previous to the amount you drank in the last session. It does not accumulate.

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is there a detox that will pass the ETG alcohol test [ 3 Answers ]

I have to take the ETG alcohol test Monday. I consumed 3 beers today (sat) & 3 on Friday.. Is there some kind of detox that will help me pass the test??

Does the saliva swab ETG alcohol test show back to 80 hours like the Urine ETG test ? [ 2 Answers ]

I heard when it's the oral swab it only tests back 12 to 24 hours for alcohol anyone know?

It's been 107 hours since my last consumption of alcohol, will I pass an ETG test? [ 5 Answers ]

I last drank Sunday evening, stopping at 10pm. I took an EtG test this morning (friday) at 9am; I haven't had a drop of alcohol in between those days and worked out very intensely on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.

How do I pass an EtG alcohol test? [ 8 Answers ]

I drank last and really regret it because I am not suppose to be drinking, but I found out today that I have to take an EtG test in the morning, and am wondering if anyone knows from experience how to pass it? I am not going to drink anymore because it is not worth this much stress, but I am moving...

Ways to pass an EtG alcohol test? [ 1 Answers ]

I have an EtG alcohol test today and drank 2 beers on Sunday night. Will that test positive and is there a way to beat the test through detox or other products? And would exercise and/or watter consumption help?

View more questions Search