Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 3, 2011, 04:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Most women don't want to share their man with two or more other women. Ask Lady Toni. Would she share you in a marriage? :D
    She does not want to share me with this site some days, but I know far too many and of course stereotype but while they don't share them like in the house next door, but they stay with this babies mommy for this week or two, then that one the next few, Or they have two or three girlfriends or mistresses.

There just seems to be a double standard as to society accepting one over the other.

Even here on the sex boards, many of our own experts talk acceptance of threesomes if all the parties are OK with it.

So if they do not wish to commit to a long term relationship, it is OK, but it is not if they do
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 3, 2011, 04:55 PM
    [QUOTE=Wondergirl;2838755]And what's your definition of "accoutrements"?

I didn't say that. I said, in answer to your comment that the younger women would go for the younger men that maybe they would not, depending on how the older men were 'equipped'. Am I making myself clear ? I can't say what I really mean on this board. It would not be acceptable. So you will have to read between the lines.

Tick
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 3, 2011, 05:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    I didnt say that. I said, in answer to your comment that the younger women would go for the younger men that maybe they would not, depending on how the older men were 'equipped'. Am I making myself clear ?
    Now you are. When you said "better accutrements," my first thought was money and possessions, stability. The young males probably have the better biological and more desirable accutrements.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2011, 05:36 PM
    Joseph Smith, if my history serves me right, lead his people (church of latter day saints) (protestant connection) west to escape persecution in the east, but Smith died before they reached salt lake city. Brigham Young then took over. Some of this history is lost on me, this is about all can remember from what i have read. It is start, but is a purely american religion constituted by Brigham Young. Of course, they do promote mutlliple marriages as far as I know.
    You see tickle this is how misinformation gets around. At one time mormons did practice polygamy but that was discontinued, Joseph Smith founded the church and it was because of polygamy and for other reasons they had violent clashes with other citizens. This resulted in their expulsion more than once and migration to Utah, at that time not part of the US. The mormons favour their own Scriptures called the Book of Mormon over the Bible. They should not be regarded as protestant as they are their own religion. Here is a general discussion
    Mormonism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Expert

Jul 3, 2011, 05:56 PM
    Now you are. When you said "better accutrements," my first thought was money and possessions, stability. The young males probably have the better biological and more desirable accutrements.
    We could debate this probably but without good examples; I am thinking along the lines W, by accoutrements I meant what they are endowed with. Some older men may be better endowed then the younger ones.

Tick
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 3, 2011, 06:12 PM
    Some older men may be better endowed then the younger ones.
    That's what I meant by "biological." I still think the young women would prefer the hot-blooded young males. At least, it's that fear that causes the older males to drive out from the settlement the younger ones.

We basically agree, tick.
    Expert

Jul 3, 2011, 06:16 PM
    We basically agree, tick.

Oh, good, I wasn't sure :)
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jul 3, 2011, 10:54 PM

Just to jump in here. I have had missionaries visit me. I am open to talking with them, and even open reading the book of mormon that I have done on my own in the past. I will say that so far there are so many similarities between The book of Mormon and the Bible, you would swear that lots of the messages, quotes and information from the kings James bible landed right in the book of mormon. There is not much contradiction at all really. Now the Church itself and their intrepretations of the bible may differ. I am not defending them but the best way to learn about their church and faith is to talk with them. Does not mean you have to join the church although they defiantly like to put the pressure on you to join and get baptised in their church but it all comes down to choice. It all comes down to learning and growing. Not through information from the internet but actually talking with a Mormon brother or sister yourself.

Joe
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 4, 2011, 01:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesushelper76 View Post
    Not through information from the internet but actually talking with a Mormon brother or sister yourself.
    Oh I have. I was a Big Brother (Big Brothers/Bid Sisters organization) and my little was the son one a single mom who was an LDS. I saw him every weekend almost and we also participated in their church (hall?) activities. The one thing I noticed is that it felt a little cultish, especially to the point of excluding family members that weren't part of the church. Having your religious text line up with the bible is one thing, how the congregation/church expects you to live your live is another.
    Uber Member

Jul 4, 2011, 07:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    The one thing I noticed is that it felt a little cultish, especially to the point of excluding family members that weren't part of the church.
    Well I told the visitors that my wife has different beliefs and wants to stay within her own church she was brought up with along with my son. Did not seemed to phase them, because they are trying to work on me. I was told they will work on me, try to get me converted and they try to work on my family.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 4, 2011, 07:40 AM
    Oddly enough they didn't try to convert me. I think they look for more weak prey. :)
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2011, 12:33 AM

Wow. Well I told them I am open to learn about their beleifs. I am open to communicating with them, but that no way means that I am going to join their church.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2011, 08:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Oddly enough they didn't try to convert me. I think they look for more weak prey. :)
    Did you use the name Jesus that usually gets them on their way. I like to tell them Joseph Smith was a false prophet and none of his prophecies were ever fulfilled.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I believe her? [ 1 Answers ]

I've never trusted anyone as much as I trusted my ex girlfriend, she's not the type to go out with other guy and she doesn't really like attention off other boys. Our relationship went through a bit of a bad patch just before she went on holiday with her friends. When she came back she didn't want...

Title of a movie about the mormons journey via the hole in the wall in the south [ 0 Answers ]

The real history was :In November, 1879, a group of Mormon pioneers headed south out of Escalante to colonize the San Juan Mission, now the town of Bluff. Rather than endure a long, tedious journey around Glen Canyon, they decided to create a shortcut across the canyon. Scouts identified a route...

Anoying mormons want to baptize us! [ 3 Answers ]

Hey about a month ago two elders came around the neighborhood and I happened to be out taking my snakes for a walk when they walked up to me and started talking to me. Of course I wasn't going to say no I felt bad. Well now they have been coming over and its gotten to the point that we leave the...

Do you believe too? [ 1 Answers ]

It all started when I was a child seeing people having imaginary friends never did I think my daughter would too. It started when she was about 6months old laughing and babbling at tings I can't see.She started talking to someone when she was about 1 and a half I asked her who she was talking to...

View more questions Search