Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dronit Posts: 61, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2011, 02:07 PM
    My friend doesn't believe in God. Will she still go to hevan?
    She is a good person but is not religious at all. What will happen to her in death?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 30, 2011, 02:37 PM

No one knows. No one has ever come back to report.

Jun 30, 2011, 04:44 PM
    Comment on Wondergirl's post
    Well that's quite obvious I just wan't to know iif there's any thing in the bible about it as I'm not very familier with the book. Also wan't to know what most christians would think.

So your answer isn't very helpful.

Any other thoughts please??
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 30, 2011, 05:21 PM

Also wan't to know what most christians would think.

Christians believe everything from soup to nuts. Some believe in heaven and hell, and some don't believe in hell. Some believe in Purgatory (Purgatory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). Many aren't sure and don't worry about it; they believe this life and what they do here are what's important. Some are afraid. No one knows for sure.

That's what faith is, believing in something even though you don't know for sure.

Jun 30, 2011, 05:59 PM
    Comment on Wondergirl's post
    If uo believe in hevan then suely you have to believe in hell. I don't understand wouldn't it be a condridiction to your religion only to belivre in some of what the book tells you. I don't want to seem rude it's just that I don't know much about chritians or any religon really. Only what I learned at school (religous studies) which was a basic look at most religons.

But as a child in a christaian area my parents never took me to church, not even once. The first time I went to a church was when my sister married. And the next time was unfornatly when a close friend died.

Now I'm an adult I have visited many churches cathidrals in lots of different countrys but only as a tourist I still haven't seen any church service.

I wasn't chrisand either although my gandparents are strong belivers in christ and god etc.

I find the topic of religon very interesting.

So what is your personal fealings about hevan and hell?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 30, 2011, 06:05 PM

Christians read the same verses and interpret them in various ways. That's why there are differences in beliefs, and that's why there are so many different Protestant churches.

My personal beliefs do not belong in this thread.

The question on the table is about heaven.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 30, 2011, 06:05 PM

You can get lots of people to give you their "personal feelings" about religion, heaven and hell etc. But what does that matter. Its how you feel that matters, not how someone else feels.

If you have faith and that faith makes you feel good, then fine.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 30, 2011, 07:39 PM

My faith and section of the Christian faith teaches that if you have not accepted Christ you will not go to heaven. You can be the best people, helping everyone but you will not go to heaven. How are you saved varies by some denomination, but as a general rule yes, most ( but not all) christians view a heaven or hell.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2011, 11:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    My faith and section of the Christian faith teaches that if you have not accepted Christ you will not go to heaven. You can be the best people, helping everyone but you will not go to heaven. How are you saved varies by some denomination, but as a general rule yes, most ( but not all) christians view a heaven or hell.
    This is not the teaching of the Catholic Church.

As someone who frequently represents himself as a spokesman for that Church, it behooves you to support your statement.

However, it's possible you no longer speak for Catholicism. In that case, my apologies.

Jul 1, 2011, 03:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    This is not the teaching of the Catholic Church.

As someone who frequently represents himself as a spokesman for that Church, it behooves you to support your statement.

However, it's possible you no longer speak for Catholicism. In that case, my apologies.
    Last I heard Catholicism was only one part of the Christian Church. And what part of what Chuck posted did not represent the teaching of the
    Catholic church? As far as I am aware Christianity does teach that one has to accept Christ to qualify for heaven.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2011, 05:37 AM
    This is one of those really stupid debates we get from time to time. Being a good person doesn't qualify you for heaven. For those who don't want to believe in hell there is the outer darkness, knashing of teeth and all that, could be hell, might not be, but who would want to be there anyway? People going to heaven and not believing in Jesus is a pagan belief and we know from Paul that God considers such belief ignorance. So the point is Jesus came to reconcile us with God and ensure we had a place in heaven and all he requires is we believe in him and follow his ways. The message is simple, you will never be good enough without Jesus
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2011, 05:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    The message is simple, you will never be good enough without Jesus
    Well good enough for heaven if there is such a place at all. Without Jesus people can be good enough simply to be good people in their lifetime.

Jul 1, 2011, 08:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    this is one of those really stupid debates we get from time to time. ... The message is simple, you will never be good enough without Jesus
    Yes this is a really stupid debate. Its stupid because its based solely on faith. That means the only way to debate it is to attack someone else's faith and beliefs.

If you want to take comfort that you are assured a place in heaven by believing in Jesus, then I am happy for you.

Personally, I take comfort in believing that, if I live a life according to the judeo-christian ethic, follow the golden rule, etc. then IF there is some reward after life as we know it, I will be afforded that reward. I'm not saying you are wrong because I don't know, just as you don't know that I am wrong. So I respect your belief and am happy you find comfort in them. I expect you to afford me the same courtesy.
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2011, 09:08 AM

Well, for my part, and if we're talking about Christianity:

Quote Originally Posted by John 3:16
    For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
    So, the first step (maybe the only too, that is really debatable and I won't go there to this reason) I believe is believing in God.

I don't think that one can say that one never heard of God in this world and hence, I think that everyone has the choice to believe or not to believe.
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Jul 1, 2011, 12:08 PM
    Here's a really quick way to answer your question using the bible. If you're looking for a Christian answer... let's go to the Christian source...

Romans 3:23
    ... for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God

Psalm 14:3
    ... There is none who does good, No, not one.

Isaiah 64:6
    But we are all like an unclean thing,And all our righteousnesses are like filthy rags; We all fade as a leaf, And our iniquities, like the wind, Have taken us away.

Being a good person is a relative phrase. Yes, I am a good person when compared with Adolf Hitler... but when we compare ourselves with God... we ALL fall short of the goodness required to be in His presence. According to the bible this goodness, this salvation cannot be earned. It is a gift to those who follow Jesus Christ.

Mark 16
    16 He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned.

John 3:16
    16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Matthew 10:32
    32 “Therefore whoever confesses Me before men, him I will also confess before My Father who is in heaven.

Matthew 7:13-14
    13 “Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. 14 Because[a] narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.

John 14:6
    Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Jul 6, 2011, 05:27 AM
    Comment on Fr_Chuck's post
    Well that's not good. What about if I just praise god on my death bed and ask for him to acsept me is that a get out claws? If so I won't bother praising him until the last min.

If I get hit by a car and die instant then I'm of to hell. Bu what the hell, bet lots of cool people are in hell. May be the devel is not so bad he might be up for partys with all the other siners. May be I have more in comon with people going to hell. Hee hee, just jokeing.

I don't believe in hevan or hell, just wanted to know what others think.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 6, 2011, 05:07 PM

well that's not good. What about if I just praise god on my death bed and ask for him to acsept me is that a get out claws? If so I won't bother praising him until the last min.

If I get hit by a car and die instant then I'm of to hell. Bu what the hell, bet lots of cool people are in hell. May be the devel is not so bad he might be up for partys with all the other siners. May be I have more in comon with people going to hell. Hee hee, just jokeing.

I don't believe in hevan or hell, just wanted to know what others think.
    So you're not religious, don't believe in heaven and hell, yet you're concerned about your friend?

Doesn't make sense.

Why are you asking this question at all unless you're religious?

Jul 6, 2011, 06:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    Doesn't make sense.
    Yeah it does if you think "troll"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If I steal in the past does that mean I won't go to hevan? [ 5 Answers ]

Its about god. I've become a christian. And I stealed in the past dose that mean I won't go to hevan??

How can we believe that holy books are books from God [ 1 Answers ]

How can we believe that holy books are books from God

Is God your friend or a parental figure? [ 16 Answers ]

Is God a parent or a friend to you? Does he laugh with you while allowing you to exercise free will or does He watch your every move, looking for sin and lack of respect for His teachings? Why?

Science Vs. Religion (GOD) continued: GOD created man in his own image. [ 145 Answers ]

K, so we can argue till the cows come home, about this but there is a lot of good feed back from the last one I had, I like to hear others ideas. I"m going to simplify this one though, to avoid loosing the topic. Lets go with the idea that some scientific professionals believe that...

View more questions Search