Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    buteo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2007, 06:31 PM
    Troy-Bilt lawnmower electrical problem
    Ihave an older Troy-Bilt riding lawnmower that stopped running for no apparent reason. When we checked the battery it was dead and couldn't be charged. Got a new battery and the lawnmower started and ran for awhile (couple of days) then would not start and the same story again. Took it to the only person around here who will work on Troy-Bilts and he "fixed" it . He actually "fixed " it 3 times always with the same outcome. He finally said that he probably wasn't able to repair it because it must have a short and the wireing harness was no longer available. I didn't mention, every time this happened the battery was then unable to take a charge. HELP.. Buteo
    tttg Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Jan 29, 2007, 07:35 PM
    You could also put some sort of quick disconnect on it so that when you are not using it the battery is disconnected.
    newaukumdon Posts: 525, Reputation: 44

Jan 29, 2007, 08:09 PM
    I would look at the possibility of a bad battery again. Some of the batterys available for lawn and garden are less than perfect and can fail. Try as the previous poster said and disconnect the ground cable when you out it away. This will tell you if there is a drain on the system.. . Not likely.
    Don

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Troy bilt lawn mower [ 2 Answers ]

I know this is easy but I've never mowed a lawn so here goes... what kind of oil do I need to put in a Troy Built lawnmower that 6.75 horsepower? Thank you,

Troy Bilt electric pto [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, first time I have posted hope I do it right. I have a 22 hp Troy Bilt garden tractor with an electric pto. My problem is the pto keeps shutting down, sometime I can go for a while other times it will kick out repeatedly. I have tried wiggling the switch and that doesn't seem to matter, also...

Troy Bilt Self Propelled Mower [ 8 Answers ]

I have a fairly new Troy Bilt self propelled mower. The propulsion system is not working properly. If the wheels are held off the ground they do turn but once they are set down, they do not propel the mower. I could take it in but then I wouldn't get it back for weeks. Any ideas for a "fix" I...

Troy Bilt won't Fire [ 4 Answers ]

Troy Bilt Model #3AQ609G063, 18hp B/S engine Twin II (model # for engine is42A707). I replaced the starter,solenoid, and it has a new battery. When I turn the key nothing. I jump the solenoid and the starter turns. I jump the starter and it turns. There is plenty of gas getting to the carb but, no...

Troy Bilt Mower [ 8 Answers ]

Went into the garage to start the mower and nothing. Won't turn over or anything. Does that mean that battery is dead? It's about 11 months old. Troy Bilt Bronco 42" Twin-Blade Side Discharge Deck C.V.T. continuously variable transmission for simple speed shifting Cast iron front axle...

View more questions Search