Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jessgrass Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2011, 12:42 PM
    Can an 11 and 14 yr old date
    If I'm 12 and I love a 14 year old can we get in trouble for dateing we don't want to have sex but we have kissud and he undid my bra strap I know I would get in trouble with my parents but would I get in trouble with the law??
    southamerica Posts: 667, Reputation: 400

Jun 29, 2011, 12:54 PM

In general: two minors cannot get in trouble with the law for engaging in sexual activity (including activities leading up to intercourse).

It would be a good idea to check the laws of your state or locality and familiarize yourself with them if you wish to engage in adult-like activities. Laws vary from place to place and it's hard to give a general answer that will necessarily apply to you.
    imsurroundedbyfish Posts: 101, Reputation: 10

Jul 4, 2011, 08:32 AM

I agree with southamerica, generally if you are both under the age of consent you won't get in trouble with the law.

When it becomes a problem is when he reaches the age of consent. Which is most likely to be either 16 or 17 depending on where you live.

Then, if anything sexual happens, he could get in trouble for statutory rape. Even if he had your consent. It seems illogical I know, but the idea is that you have no consent to give until you reach a certain age. Therefore it'd be rape. But you don't have to worry about that for another couple of years.
    imsurroundedbyfish Posts: 101, Reputation: 10

Jul 4, 2011, 08:37 AM

One other thing I would warn you of is to be careful. You say you don't want to have sex, but how do you know he doesn't? I am 14 myself and probably 50% or more of the boys in my year are not virgins. You are young and naïve in comparison (I know you disagree with that now but when you look back on it you will realise it too). Boys aged 14 are starting to get, or have had for about a year or so, raging hormones, which can give them sex drives and so on. He says he doesn't want sex but be careful, you don't know for sure!

Make sure he doesn't take advantage of you. He may not set out to do it but he may get lost in the moment and forget how young you are.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 4, 2011, 08:44 AM

First there is no law against dating. But there are laws against sexual activity and parental interference. So the first question is whether your parents are allowing you to date. In my opinion 12 is young to start dating one on one. From your post, it seems your parents don't agree.

As to getting in trouble with the law, you wouldn't be in trouble, but he could. And the fact that he undid your bra, shows his intentions.

As to being in love at 12 you really have no concept of love. You will be "in love" many times before you reach adulthood.

So slow down and stop trying to act older than you are.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 4, 2011, 09:06 AM

Sorry but minors ( young children) such as 12 can easily get into legal trouble, even for the boy undoing the bra strap and most likely touching even though the clothing.

Have we not heard of child molesting ? The boy and girl could be sent before JUV court to see if they would be declared deliquent by the courts. This also could cause the parents to get into legal trouble for not properly supervising their minor children.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My due date is July 21st what month and date did I get pregnant [ 2 Answers ]

My due date is July 21st what month and date did I get pregnant

View more questions Search