Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PaulnBrent Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2011, 12:37 PM
    What rights do I have as a room mate ?
    My Room mate is on the lease,she allowed me to move in November of 2010 when she moved in to the place but I was never placed on the original Lease. She then starting * sub leasing * to me, nothing written though.. In her original lease it says she can not sub lease. However the landlord never had an issue with it until now because my room mate wants me out. All of me belongings are here, utilitys are here I have written rent receipts in my name because I paid the landlord directly. So now her landlord is giving her 20 days to correct the situation,meaning get me out of the house. But I spoke with him and he said he would rather have me here than her. So since there is no written agreement between me and anyone?. What rights do I have.. I think I am considered on a month to month lease?. does the other room mate have to give me a 30 day notice?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2011, 12:57 PM

He evicts her for whatever reason and then he rents to you. That's what he does if he wants her out... and you in.

You have a month-to-month agreement with her. She needs to give you notice according to your State law.

Of course, I don't know where you are so I can't be more specific.
    PaulnBrent Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2011, 01:39 PM

I am in Kentucky

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rights as a room mate? Can I be evicted? [ 1 Answers ]

My roommate moved out and the lease was under his name but the lease was complete already and we are currently month to month. Can I be evicted since he moved out but I want to keep the place?

Eviction of Room Mate [ 1 Answers ]

I have a major problem with my room mate. I live in Florida and have lived with this guy for two months. There is no Lease; only a verbal agreement and check stubs. This person is disrespectful to me and my belongs! I want him out; the sooner the better. I told him last Friday that he needed to be...

Room-mate [ 2 Answers ]

I have a friend who has a roommate who is trying to kick him out but he paid for the time he was to stay there. The think is he is not on the lease what can he do because they had a verible agreement.

View more questions Search