Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Herekittykitty Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Jun 28, 2011, 04:17 AM
    He hurt my feelings and I can't let go... help!
    A year ago, my boyfriend allowed a girl to give him a hickey with him right in front of me. While she was still there he told me that it felt good. I was beyond jealous and mad at both of them. His initial reaction to me being upset was defensive: he said that she didn't mean anything by it, that she did that with every guy she knew, and that he didn't do anything. Afterwards when I continued to be mad, he apologized and said it would not happen again. He explained that the reason he didn't tell her anything was because he didn't want to make a scene. I wasn't happy with his explanation then, and even a year later I cannot forgive him. In my point of view, he ignored my feelings because he was getting attention from a girl, and since it happened once at the beginning of our r'ship it is possible it could happen again. He thinks I should trust him because nothing like that has happened since then, and that I should not hold on to past mistakes. I want to let go of it, but I just feel like I can't. Please give me your thoughts of the situation and what I should do now?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 28, 2011, 11:34 AM

Holding onto grudges is a useless exercise.Since it happened a year ago and hasn't happened since then, let go of your anger. How? By asking yourself, since you were there when it happened, you should have said something, like no hickeys on my boyfriend.

A year is a long time to be mad, too long.
    TheCompromiser Posts: 77, Reputation: 17

Jul 7, 2011, 03:30 PM
    The conflict lies with you. You can forgive and forget or leave. It's as simple and difficult as that..
    HurtScorpio Posts: 92, Reputation: 23

Jul 9, 2011, 03:20 PM
    I have no idea how you had the ability to sit and watch another girl do something like this to your boyfriend right in front of you and then continue to stay with him? Why would you torture yourself like that? He did not want to cause a scene? Lame excuse. At that time you set the tone of the relationship by saying to him that it was OK so do not be surprised if he does it again. The thing is, you accepted his apology and accepted that he would not do it again and you believe he has not so why are you bringing it up now. YOU chose to stay with a guy that you knew from the very beginning did something horrible to you. So, either forgive him and move on or leave. But, if it is going to be an ongoing issue, you brought that upon yourself.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I really hurt my ex's feelings. How can I win her back, if at all? [ 28 Answers ]

3 weeks ago my ex broke up with me because I basically wanted her to be as happy as she could be, and if that was with another guy who was better than me and who she deserved then she should be with him instead of an average guy like me. I think into things too much. I didn't see her for a few...

Why does my boyfriend always say things to hurt my feelings? [ 23 Answers ]

So my boyfriend always seems to say things that he knows that will get to me, like really rude comments about what I do or how I look. He makes me very upset and sometimes he crosses the line and says things that SHOULDN'T be said at ALL and he makes me cry and then when I'm crying he either gets...

I get my feelings hurt REALLY easily. [ 3 Answers ]

Idk wats rong with me. I always used to cry about the little things I'm getting better at it, but still. I ALWAYS say sorry even when something has nothing to do with me. I always ask if I get on peeps nerves and if they are mad @me. I'm afraid I'm going to drive away one of my best friends doing...

I don't want to hurt his feelings [ 4 Answers ]

OK well I'm going out with someone but I really don't like him that much I like him as a frienf and I play along when he says I love you but I just don't know who to put it to him I mean he has other girls that like him and he said if we break up he is going to go out with one of them but the...

View more questions Search