Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bluehair Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2011, 08:08 PM
    Can I refile a case as a corp if I don't have standing as a sole shareholder?
    I was the sole shareholder of a corporation and sued somebody who breached a contract with my company as the sole shareholder. I just realized that I don't have standing as the sole shareholder. Can I refile the case as the corporation? How do I do that?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jun 27, 2011, 07:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bluehair View Post
    I was the sole shareholder of a corporation and sued somebody who breached a contract with my company as the sole shareholder. I just realized that I don't have standing as the sole shareholder. Can I refile the case as the corporation? How do I do that?
    Although non-attorneys can represent themselves in court, they cannot (unless there is an exception for whatever court you are in) represent corporations, no matter who owns the corporation. So you will need to get an attorney to re-file the case.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a C-Corp closed before a small claims case started. [ 10 Answers ]

Am I still liable if $2500.00 judgement is reached?

Is an order of "Dismiss" a dismissal with prejudice and can I refile the case? [ 2 Answers ]

I filed a small claims court case in Volusia County Florida against a man who admits vandalizing my property. A trial date and time was set. I made an error in the appearance time and was 20 minutes too late. The judge entered a "dismiss" order without stating whether it was with or without...

Me and my spouse own 100% of stock in my c corp. Can the corp pay us dividends? [ 0 Answers ]

Is it deductible to my corporation and how do I compute this number

US Dept of State M&IE Per diem allowance by majority shareholder in a CA C-corp [ 1 Answers ]

I have a question about the use of US Dept. of State foreign per Diem for M&I expenses for my own use while on business abroad. (Foreign per diems from the Dept. of State website) I own 90% of the stock in a California C corp, and am the only employee. (The IRS considers me a personal services...

View more questions Search