Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sutphen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2011, 02:39 PM
    Jet pump priming
    Have a jet pump in a well 80 ft deep. I can fill the pump and it stays there. Turn on the piump and it pumpslug of watewr and no more makingb all kinds of weird noises. Takes a quart to prime again and the same thing happens?
    rjh2o Posts: 58, Reputation: 13

Jun 27, 2011, 05:09 PM
    You have to continuously prime the pump as it is running. There is air in the well line and impeller, all the air needs to be forced out to keep the pressure up on the pump. You will know when to stop priming when the pump begins to build pressure. As soon as it starts to build pressure plug the prime hole.
    RJ

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Priming jet pump [ 1 Answers ]

I am replacing a water tank and I need to reprime the pump. How is this accomplished?

Pump priming [ 1 Answers ]

Today I tried to have my house power washed and within less than half an hour my water pump was drained with no pressure reading on the gauge. AS I have done before, when pressure goes below about 20 lbs, I shut of pump. After it stands for a few hours it will usually begin to pump and fill my...

Priming the pump [ 1 Answers ]

My parents are out of town and when I came to check on the house I went to the restroom and flushed, it wouldn't no water was in the tank, I have heard my dad talk about sometimes he has to prime the pump, I'm wondering how I do this?

Priming Sprinkler Pump [ 2 Answers ]

I have just replaced my 2 hp sprinkler pump and all of the line leading from the ground. I did replace my check valve. I cannot get my pump to prime. I did check for air and I did fill the pump with water. I have done this before with no problems except for changing the check valve. Any...

View more questions Search