Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ruben5 Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

Jun 26, 2011, 03:17 AM
    Which Ebook should I Write? Or wich one would sell? Social Media? Drugs?
    I want write an ebook. I know how to do it as far making website and writing an ebook.

But Im worried spending hours writing the ebook and no one buying it..

1) Should I write an ebook about social media marketing such as Facebook, YouTube, and twitter. Or should I write 1 ebook for each subject? (which I know a lot of about and done a lot of research on it)

2)Or should I write my own personal experience on how I use to be a drug dealer and I witnessed coke being popular to Ice being the main seller. And How I learned how to leave the streets / gang life / drug dealer life to learning about computers and technology and now living a happy life doing graphic design even though I don't have a diploma or G.E.D. (more to the story but I shortened it )

Sorry for the paragraph everybody I would really appreciate honest opinions...

Ruben5
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 26, 2011, 07:35 AM

Ruben I think you should write an ebook about item 2.

Tick

Jun 26, 2011, 08:48 AM
    tickle,

Wow really I didn't think any body would care about my personal story.. Well hey I really
    Appreciate the advice... Thanks!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 26, 2011, 09:06 AM

I agree with tick. You seem to be a good writer with good grammar, spelling, etc. Be sure, though, that someone else reads the "galleys," not only for content and consistency but also to proofread it.

The hard part will be marketing your ebook. How will you do that?

Jun 28, 2011, 12:26 AM
    I have many ways of marketing my ebook.. I could use Facebook, Google ads, Yahoo answers, and write articles...
    I'm just worried about writing a book but no wants to buy it... So one more time which book do you think will sell? Social media Marketing? Or My own personal story about drugs and becoming a graphic designer?

I really appreciate ya's opinion! :)

Ruben
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 28, 2011, 02:52 AM

Ruben, your ebook has to be protected in some way why you are marketing on Facebook, Google ads, Yahoo, whatever. Someone could steal your story. That's why people choose major publishers to protect their ideas.

Tick
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 28, 2011, 04:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruben5 View Post
    Which Ebook should I Write? Or wich one would sell? Social Media? Drugs?
    Hello R:

What? You only got ONE book in you??

By the way, it's NOT the subject... It's HOW you write... I've read terrific stuff about wing tip brogans, and very boring stuff about world politics...

excon

Jun 28, 2011, 07:45 PM
    Believe me I know how to write and create a book I just don't want waist hours and money
    Making a book that no one will buy... But I guess theirs only way to find out...
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 28, 2011, 07:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruben5 View Post
    Believe me I know how to write and create a book I just dont want waist hours and money
    making a book that no one will buy... But I guess theirs only way to find out...
    Be sure to have an editor proofread it before you turn it into an ebook.

You used the word "waist." The word you wanted was "waste." "Theirs" should be "there's."

Last year my 20-something-year-old nieces wrote a book and spent thousands on getting it self-published including in ebook format. The story was excellent, and it was well marketed. Sales were poor; word got around that the book is full of grammatical, spelling, and punctuation mistakes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am writing an ebook on how to become an online entrpreneur.. Will it sell? [ 2 Answers ]

Here are the subjects of my book and what people will learn if they buy my book... Is this a good idea for a book? And after I make my website what would be the best way to market my website and book? Why some entrepreneurs become good at business and others fail miserably Never Dive into...

NYCHA private landlord allowing tenants to DO (not sell) illegal drugs on premises [ 1 Answers ]

I live under section 8/ welfare tenants in NYC. Besides the noise they make, The tenants sons (they are not on the lease) smokes weed behind the house where my bedroom window is located. I have spoken to the tenant as well as the landlord about this drug use.and they continue to do it. I have...

View more questions Search