Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    colinflorida Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2011, 05:25 AM
    Why is there oil in the air intake of Harley Davidson
    I own since new a 1992 FXRS with Evoulution engine. It has only 14,000 miles. Recently, oil is coming from the crank case breather tube into the air filter in enough quantity to drip out of the filter housing after a run. There are no other signs of a problem that I have seen. Performance seems fine. No indication of burning oil due to worn rings that may cause excessive crank case pressure as far as I can tell.
    Ideas anyone?
    colinflorida Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2011, 06:44 PM
    Problem solved. Basically oil had leaked by check valve into crankcase after being idle for months. Also was over full when checked at full hot engine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why is there oil in the air intake of Harley Davidson [ 0 Answers ]

I own since new a 1992 FXRS with Evoulution engine. It has only 14,000 miles. Recently, oil is coming from the crank case breather tube into the air filter in enough quantity to drip out of the filter housing after a run. There are no other signs of a problem that I have seen. Performance seems...

Ask harley davidson? [ 0 Answers ]

Will the exhaust header from a 98 flt fit my 90 fltcu Thanks for the help

Harley davidson troubleshooting? [ 0 Answers ]

2006 h/d FLHT.Carburetor idle pick up when warm up.I have change intake manifold gasket and rebuilt carb.

Harley davidson troubleshooting [ 0 Answers ]

Positive side of battery touch frame lost all power checked fuses seam fine

Harley Davidson [ 3 Answers ]

The inventor of the Harley-Davidson motorcycle, Arthur Davidson, died and went to heaven. At the gates, St. Peter told Arthur. 'Since you've been such a good man and your motorcycles have changed the world, your reward is, you can hang out with anyone you want to in heaven.' Arthur...

View more questions Search