Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Herrickjonesgr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2011, 02:06 AM
    Cartilage piercing
    I am getting my cartilage pierced and I was wondering what the pain was like e.g bee sting pinch... And also how long will it hurt for.
    ramona_ Posts: 222, Reputation: 47

Jun 26, 2011, 05:34 AM
    MAKE SURE YOUR PIERCING IS DONE WITH A NEEDLE AT A REPUTABLE PIERCING ESTABLISHMENT.
    The pain is short and sharp. Afterwards, your ear will feel like its really hot and throbbing a bit and for the following days/weeks it'll be tender but not unbearable. Depending on how well you look after it, it won't last long so make sure you clean it well and with instructions from the piercer. It's advised not to use rubbing alcohol or anything too strong on it as it can dry the piercing out. Good luck.
    pepsiithrowback Posts: 9, Reputation: 0

Jun 29, 2011, 08:08 AM
    Well I used a gun.. I know I shouldn't have but I did it any way.. and it DID NOT HURT AT ALL! I didn't feel the earring go in my ear.. the only thing is that after I got it pierced it felt like a clothes pin was on my ear, it didn't hurt though. I only think it felt like that because the backing for the earring was too tight, because I used a gun. But other than that, it didn't hurt... at all... but when the person that is going to pierce your ear, and they mark the spot were its going to be with a marker.. make sure that's were you want it, if its not tell them right away or els you will regret the piercing.. I pieced my cartilage and there's scar tissue around it, the thing is, I don't like were the piercing is and I want to pierce it somewere els. But I want to get rid of the scar tissue so bad!! But I don't know how :S so if you ever get scar tissue or keloids... I keep hearing about tea tree oil, but I hear that they get rid of keloids... but what about scar tissue?. I've also heard that H2Ocean is a good cleaner and that it helps but I don't want to waste my money if it doesn't. And I also heard about vitamine e oil, that gets rid of scars, but I don't think it will work :/ I heard steroid injections work but I wouldn't want to do that so I don't think you would. Oh and don't over clean it... you will get crusty white stuff around your piercing and youe going to want to take it off but DO NOT over clean it.. and DO NOT take your earing out too early.. make sure you listen to your piercer and follow the instructions he or she gives your and you won't end up like me trying to find a solution for scar tissue:/ GOOD LUCK!:)
    miroirc Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2011, 05:36 AM
    Or check out this website cartilage piercing

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cartilage piercing [ 2 Answers ]

I had the cartilage in my right ear (up at the top) pierced nearly 14 weeks ago, with a gun (yes, I know this was unwise!). It bled slightly during the first night as I rolled onto it in my sleep, but has given me no problems since then - no discharge, no pus, nothing. The swelling took a few days...

Cartilage Piercing? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm debating getting my cartilage pieced but I don't know the best time to. I'm a swimmer and I play water polo and I'm not really supposed to have jewellery in when I play. Also I'm nervous about the infection part or keloids or anything that could ruin it. Should I still get it even though I'll...

Cartilage piercing [ 4 Answers ]

I pierced my ear 2 days ago and I made sure I'd sterilised everything but now it still hurts 2 days on, it's red and swollen and it's letting out a bit of clear liquid which gets stuck to the ear-ring. I clean it every day but it isn't getting better, I was wondering how long it usually takes for...

Piercing the cartilage [ 1 Answers ]

well i just peirced my cartilage and i wasnt scared if it hurt only if it will get infected , but heres how i did it vv i used a tac to peirce my cartlige but befor i did anything i had a cup with rubbing achol in it i put the tac in the cup with achol then i put some achol on a cotton ball then i...

View more questions Search