Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ahay19 Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2011, 07:20 PM
    Why is my best friend still mad at me?
    So about two weeks ago, me and my best friend got in a little bit of a disagreement. It was over a small little thing and I didn't think it was a big deal. But the next day I tried to talk to her and she ignored me. She did this for a week. Then I realised that I had over reacted a bit which is why the argument took place, I realised I needed to apologise and I had done something wrong. Some of my other close friends said that she had no reason to be mad at me, but I knew otherwise. So I gave her a huge apology and promised her that I wouldn't over react again, and what not. All she said was "ok." She talked to me, but she still acted really mad. So I gave a big genuine speech about how I really hope we can make up and I apologised again and stuff. She just said "give me some more time." So I said okay. This is strange, because we have gotten in small disagreements before, but usually we just say sorry and agree to disagree and everything is best kind. But this time it is different. So its been a week since she asked for more time, and her birthday party is going on right now. We were so close this year, we were always there for each other, we shared so many secrets, memories, and insiders, so I could not believe this one small disagrement would mean she wouldn't want me at her party and she would still not want to talk to me 2 weeks later. Summer is just beginning and I should be really happy, but I can't, I hate friends being so mad at me, especially one of my very best. Why do you think she is still mad? & What do you think I should I do? Thank you so much.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 27, 2011, 03:15 AM
    You have done all you can do. You may have lost her, you may not. Don't rush it or you really will lose her.
    Do you realize that you are contradicting yourself here? You keep saying it was a little disagreement, then you say you overreacted and a big apology was needed. It's impossible to know online which of you might be the one who is too sensitive (or if you both do, or if it varies). All you can do while waiting is work on yourself. Ask another friend to be honest with you this time, rather than being supportive, about any possible tendencies to overreact.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Why is my best friend still mad at me? [ 8 Answers ]

So about two weeks ago, me and my best friend got in a little bit of a disagreement. It was over a small little thing and I didn't think it was a big deal. But the next day I tried to talk to her and she ignored me. She did this for a week. Then I realised that I had over reacted a bit which is why...

Mad friend [ 3 Answers ]

What can I do about a person who is mad at me and calling dcs and police making false statements about me and trying to get me in legal trouble she already has the police following me around and tried to get my kids taking from me and calling my other friends and telling them that the police are...

Mad friend [ 8 Answers ]

I'm 14 and I want to start smoking. But my friend won't let me. I'm afraid to bring it up again because I mad her mad last time. She promised not to leave me if I don't smoke. Should I try it? I don't want to lose her.

My friend is getting mad at me for no reason [ 4 Answers ]

Heyy! I have this friend and we are best friends but I really don't know! Last year she got mad at me for no reason and she made up stuff about me and got all my friends against me! All of them but then we all worked it out and we were all friends again and me and her became best friends again....

Should my best friend be mad at me? [ 8 Answers ]

My best friend and I have been friends for 12 years. About 2 months ago she threw me a baby shower and I invited all my friends and family. It was a super nice shower and she went all out, everyone had a great time. Well 2 weeks later my aunt (who didn't go to the shower my best friends threw) had...

View more questions Search