Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stryker610 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2011, 06:35 PM
    What are the visitation rules for a father with a restraining order?
    If there is a restraining order against the father during a divorce what are his visiting options/rules?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 24, 2011, 06:39 PM

Depends on the terms of the restraining order and the reasons for it. Also ANY question on law needs to include your general locale as laws vary by area.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 24, 2011, 06:59 PM

Is the restraining order merely against the ex ? If so, they either arrange handing off the kids at the local police station or fire house, ( common) or they arrange for a third party to pick up and drop off the kids at each others location
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 25, 2011, 06:20 AM

You need to read the restraining order and if you don't understand the language in it take it to a lawyer that can explain it to you in plain english.

As has been said the extent of the order is based on the nature of the offense that created it.

An order of restraint for verbal abuse wouldn't have the same weight as an order that was created because of physical violence.

Read the order carefully.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What's the difference between a restraining order and a violent restraining order? [ 2 Answers ]

My ex boyfriend is stalking me and used to beat me up and keep me away from my friends, he's threatening to further what's already occurred, I'm pretty scared, and the police know of certain occasions, but I am unsure which to take out, I don't want him to like, never be able to get a job again...

Visitation rights for a father with no court order in Nebraska? [ 2 Answers ]

My brother and his wife are getting divorced and she is refusing visitation. Her reasoning are for things like she hasn't seen his new apartment and she is claiming he has an alcohol problem. He has no record of any alcohol offenses or any other offenses. He did have one DUI 11 years ago before...

Restraining Order of Father [ 9 Answers ]

Dear whomever may read/respond to this, I'm the boyfriend of a great girl, however her parents get along like oil and water. They clash every time they talk or see each other its gotten to the point where the mother had to place a permanent retraining order onto him. There the mother had placed...

Abusive baby father threatens to take me to court should I get a restraining order? [ 9 Answers ]

My baby father has an alcohol problem and can not stay sober one day. I live with my parents. He is not on the birth certificate and we are not married. He will not come to my parents house to see our daughter (which is where I live with her). He never asks to see her he always asks to see me so I...

View more questions Search