Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    neydah Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2011, 03:57 PM
    Lien against money in a bank account.
    If I opened a bank account in my sister's name with money I received through benifit's as a result of our mother's death.Am I able to put a lien against the fund's that are in the account due to miss use of the fund's?

ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 24, 2011, 04:24 PM

If you can prove misuse, then you file suit against your sister. As part of the filing you ask for an order to freeze the account pending the result of the suit.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 24, 2011, 06:13 PM

How can you prove it is "misuse" ? A person can not misuse their own money, if you put money in a bank account in the name of another person. It is that persons money, unless they signed a contract on how to use the money, they are free to take it and give it away if they want, and have no obligation to turn it back over to you.

Was there any specific terms that were put on the money ?

Next whose money was it, was it her money ? If it was your money why did you put it in her name.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My bank account got red flag I need my money who can I call for the bank to relase it [ 6 Answers ]

I have a over sea investment account that I have had for many years now. I am in some financial problem and need to liquidate that account. It a very large some of money. I got the account wire transfer to my bank account. I knew the bank would red flag it because of the large amount but now it...

Lien on my bank account [ 9 Answers ]

I currently have a lien on my account from a debtor. This lien was issued in GA. I live in NY and can not get to GA to go to court, what should I do? What is next?

Lien on bank account [ 2 Answers ]

I opened a new account at a bank two weeks ago. I was contacted by the fraud department and was informed that the bank had accidentally sent my bank statement to another customer. I was told that the bank was putting a hold on my account, so there would be no further activity. I was told to...

Lien on bank account [ 2 Answers ]

I have a judjment lien against my bank account. What go in this account are Socical Security cheks (exempt incomes). How do I do to have this lien removed or the money freed ? Thanks.

View more questions Search