Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Riita Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2011, 12:19 PM
    Becoming Wiccan, Any Help?
    Lately I've been very into Wicca (religion, meditation etc.) but although with all the things I've read I'm still confused about many things, making me feel as though I'm back to square one. Unfortunately for me my family is catholic and my mums side is italian and many of my family would look down upon it although only few are very religious. This isn't what I'm mainly worried about when I do tell them as I'm certain this is what I want to do with my life (I never thought anyone could help me in this way before espesaly religion) I know of no mentors or circuls where I live, so understanding Wicca fully has become difficult.And also, how when would I be able to call myself a wiccan? I'd hate to insult them if I called myself one but wasn't in their eyes. Any help?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 24, 2011, 12:28 PM

Here is a good reference site - Welcome to The Church and School of Wicca's Homepage!

I don't understand the "what you want to do with your life" part. It's a religion, not a profession.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jun 24, 2011, 12:28 PM

Why would you want to call yourself Wiccan, or anything else, unless you know fully about it?

Sounds like you're still in a "searching" period. Keep searching until you find what it is that you're looking for.

That's just my 1.25 cents worth.

Peace be with you, Riita.
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Jun 24, 2011, 06:52 PM
    Indeed, I'm always curious when someone wants to fit themselves into the label first. Why do you think Wicca is right for you, especially since you seem to be struggling so much with it? Wicca and witchcraft are going to be hard to really settle into as they really have no set definition of what it takes to be one. Is it things you don't like Catholicism that are driving you to search else where for answers?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiccan/ Occult [ 34 Answers ]

A friend and I were having a disagreement and we're both now trying to find answers as to proof that Wiccan practices are real and work, like spells, voodoo, black magic, etc. I believe it's mind over matter - someone tells you that you're under a spell - wouldn't you - in the back of your mind be...

Wiccan Rede. [ 6 Answers ]

Hi tanyajaldecoa, I didn't know how to respond to you other than to send another question, I didn't know if that's what you meant for me to do. Thank you for sharing what happened to you with me, and I can't believe someone would use magick like that, to harm you. I really do believe in spells now,...

Why I Decided to be Wiccan [ 22 Answers ]

(NOTE: I am not trying to insult, bash or talk down about any religion at all, this is just why I chose to follow the path I follow) I, like many children I knew during my childhood, was forced to go to a christian church, we had no choice in the matter, no say what-so-ever. My family like...

View more questions Search