Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    asTer0id Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2007, 12:12 PM
    Selling mazda for parts
    I have a 1997 mazda protégé. It hydroplaned on Saturday and it looks like insurance won't cover the damage caused by the accident. I hit a pole and the front bumper and tire are busted. The hood is slightly bent. It would cost me a lot to fix the car, almost as much as it cost to buy it. The car does have a relatively brand new kenwood mp3 player and speakers that came with it. The car is does work, and with a new tire should be driveable.

I've been told that at this point since anyone who buys it will have to repair it, my best bet would be to sell it to a junkyard for parts. Any idea how much I can get for it? Is this the best thing to do? Does anyone know any good people to go to in Atlanta?

-asTer0id
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 29, 2007, 01:53 PM
    Unless you have liability only your insurance company should be paying for the damage. What was their reasoning?
    You will be lucky to get $50-100 for the car ay a junkyard.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Any websites selling Hampton Bay parts? [ 7 Answers ]

I have an old (not to mention really cheap) Hampton Bay ceiling fan with light. They both operate from pull switches. One of the switches (light switch) broke. I am looking for a replacement switch. The switch is soldered directly to the bulb socket. I'm sure if necessary, I could do the...

Mazda B2600 Shocks [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 2006 Mazda B2600 4x4 pickup assembled in Bogotá Colombia. So far as I can tell this model was last offeed in the US about 1992. I want to replace the standard factory shocks with the best off road upgrade gas shock absorbers I can find. (Truck travels daily over rough rock strewn dirt...

My mazda miata won't start [ 2 Answers ]

iv'e got a 1990 mazda miata that won't start. I painted the valve cover not to long ago and ever since I put I back on my car won't start, also ever since then when I put the key in the ingnition it sounds like theirs air coming somewhere out of my motor or somewhere else.

89 Mazda trouble starting [ 8 Answers ]

I have a 1989 Mazda626. After not driving it for a few days, I drove about 1.5 miles, stopped and shopped for about 10 minutes. When I tried to start my car, the engine would not "turn over." It made a noise (more than a click), so the battery was not dead. I tried about 5 times, then I left the...

View more questions Search