Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vickyrose Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2011, 05:18 PM
    Thesis for classroom bullying.
    This is what I have so far. I am not sure if this is correct or not.
    I am sure you have heard the saying “Sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me”. (1894 G.F Northall Folk-Phrases 23) Words can and do hurt others. Words can be used as weapons to hurt and destroy their victim.
    Bullying is something 1 out of every 3 children will experience during their school years.
    How can we prevent classroom bullying?
    Thank you,
    Vicky
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 23, 2011, 05:32 PM

Which sentence is your thesis statement?

Jun 23, 2011, 05:37 PM
    Comment on Wondergirl's post
    I am not sure - that is why I need help. I did the brainstorming part of the paper.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 23, 2011, 05:45 PM

What about targeting online bullying?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 23, 2011, 05:46 PM

Have you done any research? Do you have an outline?

Jun 23, 2011, 05:49 PM
    I just started the writing process. I finished the brainstorming and now I have to put together the thesis. The next module is the outline. I have done some research and read a couple books from my local library.
    Most of my brainstorming ideas are on who is the bully and who is the victim.

Jun 23, 2011, 05:51 PM
    I also have seen bullying start in preschool. I have had to address the issue myself with parents. They do not want to accept the fact that their child is picking on other children in class. I see this happening more with little girls than boys.

Jun 23, 2011, 06:02 PM
    Just started the writing process. I finished the brainstorming and now I have to put together the thesis. The next module is the outline. I have done some research and read a couple books from my local library.
    Most of my brainstorming ideas are on who is the bully and who is the victim.
    vickyrose Jun 23, 2011 05:51 pm
    I also have seen bullying start in preschool. I have had to address the issue myself with parents. They do not want to accept the fact that their child is picking on other children in class. I see this happening more with little girls than boys.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 23, 2011, 06:08 PM
    Just off the top of my head -- play around with it --

There is a saying, "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me." (1894 G.F Northall Folk-Phrases 23) Words can and do hurt when they are used as weapons. Words are what drive bullying, something one out of every three students will experience during their school years. Bullying has a negative effect because it lowers self-esteem, causes stress, and ruins reputations.

Bullying has always been part of school life. Now that it is known that bullying is physically and psychologically harmful to both the bully and the victim, bullying must be stopped.

Jun 23, 2011, 06:10 PM
    Is this better.
    The increased of the occurrences of bullying in our schools and classrooms is a direct reflection of changes in our society and what children are allowed to be influenced by, and to counteract this trend, parents, teachers, and must intervene at earlier ages.
    Vicky
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 23, 2011, 06:11 PM

How long does the paper have to be?

You might be able to tackle when and how it starts, parents' reactions, who is the victim and who is the bully and how both suffer, online bullying.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 23, 2011, 06:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by vickyrose View Post
    Is this better.
    The increased of the occurrences of bullying in our schools and classrooms is a direct reflection of changes in our society and what children are allowed to be influenced by, and to counteract this trend, parents, teachers, and must intervene at earlier ages.
    Vicky
    Too much gobbledy-gook and too many thoughts in that sentence. Needs to be broken down and thoughts simplified. Don't turn off your readers right off the bat. Don't try to sound intellectual and DO NOT plagiarize!

Jun 23, 2011, 06:21 PM
    My husband tried to give his spin on the subject... lol.
    The paper can be between 750-1,000 words. It is due Mid July.
    I think the thought of trying to show the bullying from all those involved.
    Vicky
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 23, 2011, 06:27 PM

Did you see what I added to yours? Keep it simple.

There is a saying, "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me." (1894 G.F Northall Folk-Phrases 23) Words can and do hurt when they are used as weapons. Words are what drive bullying, something one out of every three students will experience during their school years. Bullying has a negative effect because it lowers self-esteem, causes stress, and ruins reputations.

Bullying has always been part of school life. Now that it is known that bullying is physically and psychologically harmful to both the bully and the victim, bullying must be stopped.

Now you can get into what bullying is, who does it to whom, what parents' and teachers' roles are, how society has changed to allow it to happen more easily and frequently (social laxity, movies and TV, electronic communication, social networking), and then what to do about it..

Jun 23, 2011, 06:32 PM
    Thank you for all your help... My husband is cracking up... He liked the comment of sounding too intelligent.
    Vicky

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need help writing a thesis statement on workplace bullying? [ 3 Answers ]

Need help writing a thesis statement on workplace bullying?

Thesis statement on bullying? [ 3 Answers ]

Why do bullies bully?

I need help writing a thesis statement for bullying [ 7 Answers ]

I am writing my term paper and I have not an idea about where to begin with my thesis statement. I am focusing on adolescent bullying in schools and how schools should start early to teach children about bullying and not just learning about it at home. Thank you, bug4

What is a good thesis statement for a school bullying paper? [ 0 Answers ]

I have the following statements, but do not know which one would make a better thesis statement. 1. Could school bullying be the cause of genetics? 2. School bullying is said to have a negative psychological effect on children, what causes this?

I need a thesis statement for research paper on bullying [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am writing a research paper on adolescent bullying, K-12. My focus point is on the parents of our youth and how I think teaching Our children at home, that bullying is not tolerated in society is most important. Thank you, Diddodi

View more questions Search