Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    taylorhobbsx Posts: 168, Reputation: -4

Jun 23, 2011, 03:19 AM
    Acne help please
    Omg I'm like crying right now and I am so depreesed. No one answered my last question.. :'( Well so I have reallyy bad forehead acne. I'm 13 and a female. So I heard green tea helps so I'm drinking green tea... my acne is really burning red. I've had it for about 3 months or something now. I have a few HUGE big red ones which are really sore. And then I have lots of little red ones. I'm using this MG mask Green tea one. Once a week and a watsons mask once a week too. I'm using Clean and clear acne clearing cleanser. With Cleana and clear toner. And Mentholatum sealing jell on top. Recently I just started using ST IVES CLEANSER as well! Because it has "salcyiaid acid" and I heard its really good.
    But I thinkk its getting worse
    PLEASE help me and give me tips please I'm so depreesed... its spreading like in my eyebrows and down my nosoe and around the sides too. I can't see a dermatoligst... :'(

Love taylor please xx

tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 23, 2011, 04:59 AM

You can help your condition a lot by not using all of that gunk on your face. Sounds like it is irritating the acne condition. Why can't you g to a dermatologis? Is it a money issue?

Try being super clean for a while, wash with Pears soap morning and night, clean thoroughly, but you must stop using different preps on your face.

Tick

Jun 23, 2011, 05:15 AM
    Comment on tickle's post
    Ok your 100% right. So what do I keep using and what do I STOP using? Nope not a money issue, I live in shanghai china now. And I can't speak chinese... ): So I don't know how to communicate with them.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 23, 2011, 06:54 AM

If it isn't a money issue, then I would advise a dermatologist. Acne treatments are further advanced there then here, so you would have good care. Get a translator.

You discontinue everything you are using and wash day and night with Pears soap, or a clear soap; anything without perfume or additives.

Good luck with this, taylor; let me know what you decide to do.

If you repost again please don't use the comments feature, use the reply feature at the bottom of your post :)

Tick

Jun 23, 2011, 07:10 AM
    Ok! Is this it? And OK.. what is pears soap? I have hm.. dettol soap? Which I can't use for my face! D: Ok so really I should stop using all my masks and everything? And just wash my face with hand soap? Ill go shopping for soaps tomorrow. Ill try find the pears soap. Are you sure it will be effective? I want to get RID of acne so much!
    Its getting very bad... And I thought the green tea mask would get rid of the redness?

Thanks so much your amazing xx
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2011, 08:30 AM

Drink lots of water to clean your skin from the inside out, also taking tickles advice about not using so many products on your face.

I know its not any comfort, but because you're a young teen the hormones in your body that are helping you develop might be causing the spots and pimples too, it will ease off in time, but in the mean time, don't pick them or burst them as it will cause scaring, and keep your face clean.

Don't keep touching them either as your spreading germs from your hands onto your face.

Jun 23, 2011, 08:39 AM
    Thanks so much redhead35 for helping. Do I still use toner? And what type of soap? Like hand soap?
    What type of fruit and veggies would help a lot for acne?
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2011, 12:46 PM

A normal healthy diet is fine, cut back on the junk food and fizzy drinks, there not good for you anyway.

Drink water, perhaps a mild cleanser and moisturiser, look for a product with natural ingredients, no need to lash it on, give your skin a chance to find its ph balance.

If you wear your hair down around your forehead, perhaps wearing it up when your at home will help too.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 23, 2011, 12:53 PM

My son took Zinc gluconate in 22 mg. tablets -- started with three tabs per day and worked up to six tabs per day (2 morning, 2 at noon, and 2 before bed). It took a few months, but the improvement was amazing!

Go easy with it. Start with three a day (spaced out) and take it that way for a week or two.

Jun 23, 2011, 06:28 PM
    To redhead35, Ok So now it is the start of summer, so I am going to cut down on my junk food intake and everything. Can you please suggest a mild cleanser? I have incredibly oily skin... but I Also think it is quite sensitve. Its summer right now so I don't think I should use mousitrizer because it will clog up my pores?

Yes, I am putting my hair up. :D

Jun 23, 2011, 06:29 PM
    To wondergirl, Wow that's wonderful! Did it actually clear up acne? Isn't 6 tablets a day a bit too much though..?
    Like I really want it ALL gone... so do you think it will work?
    Thanks xx
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 23, 2011, 06:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorhobbsx View Post
    To wondergirl, Wow thats wonderful! Did it actually clear up acne? Isnt 6 tablets a day a bit to much though..??
    Like i really want it ALL gone...so do you think it will work??
    Thanks xx
    Start with three tabs a day -- 22 mg. in the morning, 22 mg. in the afternoon, and 22 mg. before bed. Do that for a week. See if there's any improvement. 60-100 mg. can be taken a day without any problems otherwise. There are foods that have zinc in them, but it has been found that supplements work better, since those foods wouldn't be what you eat every day in much quantity.

If there's little or no improvement in your acne, after a week or so of doing the three tabs a day, add one more tab per day so that you are taking four. Then after a week of that, add another tab per day. Keep watching your acne to see if there's improvement.

Daniel went up to six and that seemed to work for him. It might be fewer for you. His face did improve dramatically. You won't be taking zinc forever, and you are working your way up gradually to six of them three times a day, not taking all six of them all at once at, say, 2 p.m. Three taken throughout the day might work for you.

Of course, he also watched what he was eating -- less junk food, colas, sweets, etc. and carefully washed his face and kept his hair clean. He ate more fruits and veggies too, although he usually ate them anyway.

Jun 23, 2011, 06:43 PM
    To wondergirl, Ok. Im currently taking Centrum vitamin tablets as well. Do you know of any fruits or vegetables which are particularly very good for acne clearing? And also can you please suggest a brand of toner and cleanser for me?

Thanks so much!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 23, 2011, 06:51 PM
    To wondergirl, Ok. Im currently taking Centrum vitamin tablets aswell. Do you know of any fruits or vegetables which are particuarly very good for acne clearing? And also can you please suggest a brand of toner and cleanser for me?

Thanks soo much!
    Foods that provide a notable amount of helpful zinc include eggs, whole grains, fortified breakfast cereals, nuts and mushrooms. Daniel drank green tea and made it into iced tea during the summer.

If your skin doesn't improve after two months, stop taking the zinc.

I don't remember any brand name for cleansers. I think he pretty much stuck with Clearasil products. The main thing is what goes into your body. Also, your mental attitude makes a difference too.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 23, 2011, 06:54 PM

And some of this just goes with being a teenager, and will clear up by the time you're at the end of your teens. Unfortunately, teenage is when a person is so socially aware and wanting to look his/her best. Acne doesn't help at all.

Jun 24, 2011, 02:46 AM
    To wondergirl, I guess so. Ok ill try out the tablets. Yes, I used to drink green tea a lotbut now it is summer and is getting up to 40 degreees its just to hot to drink that!
    Now I'm just using the clean and clear acne clearing cleanser. And the toner. And for the really big pimples I'm using Tea tree antispeticc acne cream from Thursday plantation
    Is that correct? Like do you think it will clear soon? Xx
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 24, 2011, 08:15 AM
    Yes, I used to drink green tea a lot but now it is summer and is getting up to 40 degrees its just to hot to drink that!
    Like Daniel did, make iced green tea. It's really good and refreshing on a hot day.
    do you think it will clear soon? Xx
    Remember, you are 13 and your hormones are churning around in your body. Teens feel stress easily and don't always have a well-regulated life with nutritious food and adequate sleep. All of us don't get enough zinc, so I am hoping the zinc will help you like it helped my son.

Meanwhile, you are a sweet young lady. It will be that and your kindness that people notice. If anyone judges you for how you look, that's not anyone you want in your life. That's one of life's biggest lessons.

Please let me know how things go. I do care about you. Xxx

Jun 25, 2011, 06:32 PM
    To wondergirl,

Ommg you are so sweet. Thanks so much for all your kind words. Okay then, I will make iced tea. For all the big red pimples... Im using the cream on top the antispetic. Do you think that's a good thing?
    Also I feel my pimples are flattening.. is that good or bad?

Xxxx
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 25, 2011, 06:36 PM
    Also I feel my pimples are flattening..is that good or bad?
    I'd say it's good, but I can't see them. Are they less red? Give this a week and let me (us) know next weekend what's happening. And of course you can pop in between times to say hi :).

When I was a teen, I slathered Noxema first on my face, and after it dried into a white paste, I slathered on a layer of Clearasil. Once that dried, I felt tight like I had a piece of plastic wrap on my face and I dare not roll over in bed because that action would smear all the stuff. I lay in bed flat and rigid all night long. Somehow, the stuff got on my pillow (probably from sweat dripping) and my mom would yell at me for ruining the linens.

Teenage is a horrible time of life.

Oh, time and maturity ended the pimples, and I have a lovely complexion today.

Jun 26, 2011, 02:31 AM
    To wondergirl,

Oh I feel so sorry for you that's horrible.
    I am starting to get pimples on my chin, I am so scared. How do I prevent it from spreading Im really scared.
    Also, I'm using tea tree antispetic acne cream so its really drying for my skin, so should I use aloe vera gel on top? From Thursday plantation, however... im scared this will clog my pores. I have very oily skin.
    I want to get rid of the redness , I have a very red um chin like just a little cirlce of red just below my lips from where my old acne used to be.. now its just red. How do I get rid of that??
    So I'm really scared now. Does skinfood stuff work? Im going to use a green tea mask tonight

Xxxx

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Using acne home remedy and a store acne product at the same time. [ 6 Answers ]

Ok,Is it bad to use fresh garlic to try to cure acne while using an over the counter top product called clearsil ultra daily face wash?:rolleyes:

Laser Treatment for acne, acne scars, and red marks [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am 20yrs old and I've had acne since I was 14. This past year, my acne really flared up. I went to a dermatologist and they told me to go on Accutane. I didn't want to go on, because I already suffer from depression. They also suggested laser treatment for red marks from past acne and tiny...

What to do about acne [ 8 Answers ]

I have three BIG bumps on my face and I want to dry them up as soon as possible. I hear lemon is a natural antibacteral agent. Does anyone know of any face mask recipes I can use ?

Acne [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, my name is Melissa. I need some help. I have had acne for about 3 years and I want to get rid of it. Can you give me some ways to get rid of it?:confused:

Acne [ 5 Answers ]

I am 18 years old and I have suffered from having acne for around 8 years now. It is very embarrassing. I have it on my face, back, chest and arms. I have tried many different products and event went to see a dermotologist. The dermo. Said that it is hereditary and there is nothing that they...

View more questions Search