Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    onlineguy Posts: 110, Reputation: 10

Jun 22, 2011, 01:41 PM
    Physical Attraction
    If a man finds a woman physically attractive then he has a pre disposition to want to be with her, to perhaps chat her up, flirt, be close to her... etc etc etc.. Show indications of emotional interest.
    (Not counting guys already in relationships)

Therefore since we are all human it stands to reason that if a woman finds a man physically attractive she will do the same... Is that reasonable ? If she does not do that, then she simply does not find him physically attractive. Is that reasonable ?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 22, 2011, 01:52 PM

Yes, but her definition of "physically attractive" may not be the same as his definition.

What about her attracts him? What about him attracts her?

I believe there is a thread somewhere on this site about male vs. female attraction.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jun 22, 2011, 01:57 PM

I may also add to Wondergirl's answer that thinking someone is physically attractive does not mean you want to be with them.
    There are men I find attractive but I have no desire to be with them. There are other things I see or situations that are in place that takes away from what I see.
    tmtrotminor Posts: 38, Reputation: 15

Jun 22, 2011, 02:01 PM

I believe that you can find a person attractive, but still find something about them that you wouldn't be attracted to them for. There's a classic example of a guy or girl being very attractive, but they're really ugly on the inside.
    I don't know about everyone else, but the way I see a person changes as I get to know them. My best friend in the whole world is 300 lbs. When I first met her, that's all I saw. But when we started talking and relating to each other, she now appears to be one of the most beautiful people I know.
    On the other hand I started talking to a guy I thought was attractive at first, but he had some weird things about him that made me find him quite gross later..
    In short, I believe, instead of saying you are attracted to the people you find attractive, I would say you are attracted to the person that you cannot find anything unattractive about.
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Jun 22, 2011, 02:18 PM

Ok...

To answer your questions, not necessarily. I have found many men to be quite attractive, but I only saw as friends, not as potential lovers.

Also, if a woman doesn't confront a man, doesn't mean that they don't want to have a potential relationship. There could be many reasons a woman doesn't. She could be shy, or afraid that SHE will get rejected.

Crazy, I know. Us women, quite an enigma. ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Physical attraction [ 5 Answers ]

Has anyone here ever stayed in a relationship with someone that you weren't physically attracted to because the person treated you so well and had such a great personality that it didn't matter? If so, how did it work out? Did the physical attraction grow over time?

Physical Attraction [ 47 Answers ]

Do you (married people) think you could marry someone you are physically not attracted to at all. Thank you

How important is the physical attraction? [ 8 Answers ]

Is it possible to have a long lasting relationship (& possibly marriage) to a person you love but you are not physically attracted with? My friends and cousins tell me its VERY IMPORTANT but I disagree because most of my Bf's weren't all love at first thing but I loved all of them because of the...

Should there be physical attraction-looks? [ 3 Answers ]

If you meet a really nice guy that seems to have it all(personality,responsible,trust,honest) have much in common-compatible in a lot of areas,and I guess that is considered chemistry to some. But the head over heels isn't there, but he is this great guy, or the attraction isn't there-physically...

No physical attraction [ 5 Answers ]

My husband and I have been married for a year and a half. Our marriage has been great and we love each other so much. I have noticed lately though that he doesn't offer to show me any affection anymore and I can't keep his attention for more than 2 seconds. When we first got married he would...

View more questions Search