Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mumtaz444 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2011, 09:14 AM
    Please help me .I buy a 3000 watt relay based stablizer .how can I measure it ?
    Please help me
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Jun 22, 2011, 10:19 AM
    You need to help us by using more words to describe what you have, and what you need or are looking for.
    jcaron2 Posts: 986, Reputation: 204

Jun 22, 2011, 12:53 PM
    A variable transformer (also known as a "variac") can be used to provide a variable input voltage. Then you can just use a simple AC voltmeter to measure the output. If it works correctly, the output voltage should remain within the specified variation.

Jun 22, 2011, 12:56 PM
    Comment on tkrussell's post
    It did it again. This showed as having zero answers until after I submitted mine. Then, sure enough, your answer from a few hours earlier magically appeared. It's baffling.
    mumtaz444 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2011, 10:39 PM
    It is 150to250volt input and 220v output the menufacturer write on it 3000 watts but the transfarmer size in the voltagestablizer is very small there for I requst you that (3000 watts) how can I measure it
    I use it for my refregerator

Jun 23, 2011, 06:36 AM
    You could try hooking up a ~3000W load to it while measuring the voltage. I think hair dryers are often in the ~1500W range, so you could plug in two of them. Other household appliances like a clothes iron would work as well. You just need their total wattage to add up to around 3000. Plus, clothes irons and hair dryers are not likely to be damaged in any way in case the voltage drops excessively (as opposed to your refrigerator).

If you don't have an AC voltmeter, you can actually just use the sound of the hair dryer as an indicator of the voltage. The pitch of the sound should be proportional to the voltage, so if the stabilizer is working correctly, it should sound the same as the load increases.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will I be able to buy 32 watt 48 [ 1 Answers ]

Is their a law becoming effective July1, 2012 that will prevent the sale of T12 48 inch fluorescent bulbs?

Does every Watt of power emit the same Btu/watt ? [ 2 Answers ]

Watts to Btu's conversion

How can I hook up 2 1500 watt power inverters to produce 3000 watts [ 2 Answers ]

How can I hook up 2 1500 watt power inverters to produce 3000 watts

View more questions Search