Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    missiH Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Jun 21, 2011, 08:03 AM
    Does this man love me or just want company
    Hello
    Here is a short beginning
    I met this men online we met and there was a click from the beginning we know each other for a year now.
    We had some ups and downs in the beginning because because of his past, He was upset at me for checking my phone or being on the net while I was with him or sleeping on the couch I did that one time after the night I slept on his couch I did not hear or see him for almost 2 months, I called, sent text message he never reply or pick his phone, he was avoiding me I guess. I left him alone I let it go and moved on with my life.
    After 2 months he start sending me text message I did not answer him he try that for 2 or 3 weeks
    And I reply him back, He said he was going through a lot with his ex wife who was cheating on him a lot, and that night that I slept on his couch make him feel disrespected for that is what his ex wife also did to him

After telling me all his frustration, since I still had feelings for him I give him another change, everything is going well we meet only weekends
    I met 2 of his children we went on a trip with our children, but he can not tell me what his plans are he told his mother about me because she live outside the country and mother ask him what the status is between us he told her that he like me and enjoy my company that I respect him but he don't know how things will go, when we had our 1 year anniversary he said that I make him happy, he don't want to force the situation or label it but let things go by it own,he said I am more then a friend whenever I am around him he forgets all his problems like I bring balance in his life that all what he keep saying since I'm not familiar with American men because I am a french woman I have know idea if this is the beginning of something seriously *** help me to understand this
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 21, 2011, 12:14 PM

He has issues to deal with, and its still much to soon to be carried away by your feelings yet without knowing much more about each other.

Big difference being in true love, or just a distraction from real problems, or a comfort zone to escape from reality. Pay attention and don't get high hopes until you learn much more about each other.

Actually you should be enjoying the getting to know each other process without all those other hassles. Somebody is moving too fast!
    HurtScorpio Posts: 92, Reputation: 23

Jul 9, 2011, 05:17 PM
    I would advise you not to waste any more time on this man who does not know what he wants and appears to be using you for company at his convenience and making you pay for his ex wife's mistakes. Then after one year together he is unable to define the relationship? I realize he has issues with his ex but he needs to deal with them before he gets involved in another relationship. Do you make him happy or provide comfort and company and an ear for his problems. This is unfair to you. It does not sound like the beginning of anything serious. If anything, it sounds like the beginning of a disaster and I would advise you to move on and away to greener pastures... sounds to me like you have dealt with enough of his garbage and you deserve to be treated like a lady. You may respect him but he does not respect you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 9, 2011, 05:45 PM

By the end of a year, he should have decided where this is heading
    answerme_tender Posts: 1,148, Reputation: 689
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2011, 10:03 PM

I agree if he doesn't know what he wants after a year then its up to you to be woman enough to MOVE ON. Life is too short to sit around in hopes that he will come to know that you are the one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gay man in love with married man [ 3 Answers ]

About three yrs ago I met a guy on a gay website... he had sent he a note and we met... although I thought I was totally out of his league... and thought that I would never see him again for some reason he continued to visit me often... it was always oral sex me giving him receiving... and there...

Middle aged Gay Man in love with a married straight man [ 30 Answers ]

I've lived a long time and had many experiences but this one is driving me crazy. In my younger days I've had bedded straight married men and didn't find it satisfying because I was in it for love and they were in it for sex. That was 25 years ago, now here I am 25 years older and wiser and find...

Man In Love w/ Another Man [ 11 Answers ]

:confused: Hey Im 33 yrs old I became fast friends w/ someone I have known for many years just did not know him personally. Hes 27yrs old very intelligent ,funny, tough, masculine and very very easy on the eyes but he also has severe mood swings(gemini) along w/ a severe drinking habit. As time...

View more questions Search